Turn Mi 10 5g single sim into dual sim

Maherdsy

Members
Dec 11, 2020
Hell every one,
Yesterday, I bought Mi 10 5g 8gb/256gb through what I thought it is a good deal 530 USD, international version.
However, when I received it, I discovered it is single sim only!
Although it was mentioned in the website I bought it from as dual sim, so obviously I can return it and refund my money back.
I've seen on this forums that I can turn it into dual sim by replacing the sim tray and flash MIUI.eu version.
Do you think it's worthy to keep the phone and go through whole process of flashing new ROM, shall I just return it!

Hell every one,
Yesterday, I bought Mi 10 5g 8gb/256gb through what I thought it is a good deal 530 USD, international version.
However, when I received it, I discovered it is single sim only!
Although it was mentioned in the website I bought it from as dual sim, so obviously I can return it and refund my money back.
I've seen on this forums that I can turn it into dual sim by replacing the sim tray and flash MIUI.eu version.
Do you think it's worthy to keep the phone and go through whole process of flashing new ROM, shall I just return it!

It's up to you. If you can easly buy double tray do it's worth to do this.
Both options have consequences: 1) buying double SIM version of Mi 10 means you will get Chinese version without B20 band of 4G
2) converting European version into double SIM means you have to unlock bootloader and then after installation of xiaomi.eu rom you probably need to root the phone because Google Pay and banking apps recognize your phone it is unlocked so you need root to do some magics to make SafetyNet checks passed.

Sent from my Mi Ultra via Tapatalk

Google Pay and banking apps recognize your phone it is unlocked so you need root to do some magics to make SafetyNet checks passed.
Thank you for your great help.
I can understand that once I installed the xiaomi.eu, I can't lock the boodloader again!

Thank you for your great help.
I can understand that once I installed the xiaomi.eu, I can't lock the boodloader again!
when you install the xiaomi.eu you cant, only if you go back to the stock rom, with the mi flash tool and fastboot rom, clear all and lock will be the option

Thanks a lot bro, I just returned it and bought Mi 10T instead!
all good you're welcome :D
also fastboot rom flashing removes the MI Account as far as i know so its a good thing if you plan to get rid of your phone :)
Waiting 7 days to unlock my dual Sim Mi 10T Lite to get xiaomi eu rom, sadly i will miss the weekly updates like the redmi note 7 had

I have Single SIM EU version, I want Dual SIM support ,if I convert to xiaomi.eu ROM, will be there big difference between original Global ROM and is it possible to get back to Global version if any problems?
Thank you!!!

I have Single SIM EU version, I want Dual SIM support ,if I convert to xiaomi.eu ROM, will be there big difference between original Global ROM and is it possible to get back to Global version if any problems?
Thank you!!!
When converting from stable to weekly beta (or vice versa) you would typically have to format the data partition. That would in effect clear any data stored. However, if there is a possibility of returning to the stable ROM, you may want to take a full backup of it before converting and saving it to your PC. And then if you go back to the stable, you can restore the original backup together with its data. You may want to look at my own personal backup methods posted last week.
I cannot remember the global ROM, so you would be best doing some research on it, and finding the comparisons.

Use twrp to make a back up and move it off your phone to store it. This way you can restore the whole phones partitions after if needed.

When converting from stable to weekly beta (or vice versa) you would typically have to format the data partition. That would in effect clear any data stored. However, if there is a possibility of returning to the stable ROM, you may want to take a full backup of it before converting and saving it to your PC. And then if you go back to the stable, you can restore the original backup together with its data. You may want to look at my own personal backup methods posted last week.
I cannot remember the global ROM, so you would be best doing some research on it, and finding the comparisons.
I think he was talking about a global EU device, not XEU.
Only global devices are single SIM.
:)

Послато са Mi 10 помоћу Тапатока

Hi guys, I also have a Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite 5g (gauguin) single sim, and I want to convert It to dual sim.
Someone can link me a sim card tray to buy? I have seen so many different versions and models that I can't decide. I don't see my specific model :(
Any direct link is appreciated, also as private message.
Thanks

FOUND!!

Last edited: