Tutorial : Mi4s Unlock Bootloader, Costum Recovery And Rom

Tdkey

Members
Oct 6, 2014

1. Unlock the bootloader

• Ask for the unlock in http://www.miui.com/unlock/
  • Download and launch mi unlocker with your mi account
  • Put you phone into fastboot mode (volum down + power when shut down)
  • Follow the instructions
Now your phone must be unlocked

991665Miflashunlock5.jpg

2. Custom Recovery

Sans titre.png

• Type "fastboot devices" and press Enter just to be sure your device is correctly recognized.
  • Type "fastboot flash recovery recovery_aqua.img" and press Enter to flash the recovery

Hkpr5bW.jpg

Now you're recovery must be the TWRP. You can now install the rom (*.zip) from it.

I was waiting too, but after few day I have try the mu unlocker and it was ok (no email confirmation before)

You are saying that we can unloxk mi4s bootloader with mu unlocker without receive the sms from xiaomi?

Thanks.

I was waiting too, but after few day I have try the mu unlocker and it was ok (no email confirmation before)

please update the link

had I could not get twrp. I've unlocked exit HH same picture usb plugs
I try in rom v7270

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    767.6 KB · Views: 756
Last edited:
one question, I unlocked my Mi4s and tried to install twrp. I wrote fastboot flash recovery recovery_aqua.img and it flashed, no problem, it says everything ok. I rebootet but now, how do I get into recovery. When I try to get it through the updater app or through volume high + power button I am getting always the famous white devices with the usb cable screen, no recovery?

found another way. Installed flashify, becuase when the bootloader is unlocked and you got the dev rom, you got root. Installed with flashify the recovery.img and it worked. Only problem, can't boot into the system. Will try to copy the xioami.eu rom on sd card and install it, maybe this will work.

worked for me without problems. BUT SD Card isn't recognised from TWRP, so USB OTG works, or you will pull the Xiaomi.eu Rom first on the internal storage. I happily did and could easily flash it and it works.

Tried flashify but it indicates you need root acces (for which I believe I need to install supersu).
fastboot flash recovery recovery_aqua.img also didn't do anything for me (it gave okay twice) but no visible result
found another way. Installed flashify, becuase when the bootloader is unlocked and you got the dev rom, you got root. Installed with flashify the recovery.img and it worked. Only problem, can't boot into the system. Will try to copy the xioami.eu rom on sd card and install it, maybe this will work.
worked for me without problems. BUT SD Card isn't recognised from TWRP, so USB OTG works, or you will pull the Xiaomi.eu Rom first on the internal storage. I happily did and could easily flash it and it works.

Can you please describe a little further what you did.
I have the same problem with not being able to get to TWRK via astboot flash recovery recovery_aqua.img.
Also for flashify you need to be rooted (install supersu) which I cannot manage via TWRK.

same problem with twrp!! grrrr My bootloader Mi4s unblocked and it's impossible to install the recovery twrp

the solution :
1-Type "fastboot devices" and press Enter just to be sure your device is correctly recognized.
2-Type "fastboot flash recovery recovery_aqua.img" and press Enter to flash the recovery
3- Type "fastboot boot recovery_aqua.img" and press Enter to start TWRP

Reactions: ninini and Tdkey
the solution :
1-Type "fastboot devices" and press Enter just to be sure your device is correctly recognized.
2-Type "fastboot flash recovery recovery_aqua.img" and press Enter to flash the recovery
3- Type "fastboot boot recovery_aqua.img" and press Enter to start TWRP

Yes, and then "fastboot reboot" and it will boot to the recovery.

Tried flashify but it indicates you need root acces (for which I believe I need to install supersu).
fastboot flash recovery recovery_aqua.img also didn't do anything for me (it gave okay twice) but no visible result

Can you please describe a little further what you did.
I have the same problem with not being able to get to TWRK via astboot flash recovery recovery_aqua.img.
Also for flashify you need to be rooted (install supersu) which I cannot manage via TWRK.
What is your problem?

try "fastboot boot recovery_aqua.img" and "fastboot reboot" and it will reboot to the recovery.
Flashify is an other solution : http://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-4c/development/flash-twrp-using-flashify-app-pc-dev-rom-t3230355

But doesn't work for me, unable to find the recovery ".img" with the app in the explorer...don't know why

Hello,
Thanks for the tuto.
But i have a problem with the Unlock step.
When i click on the button sometime i'll go to the login page, but after i finished on the forum page :'(
My Mi4S has few bug and i wanted to use your ROM to correct the problem but i am stuck.
I tryed several browser but i really don't know what to do.
Do you have any solution please.

PS, sorry for my bad english, i am french.

Reactions: Tdkey
and if i unlock my bootloader using EDL methode (no request made to xiaomi), can I get it locked again?

Sadly, I'm stuck in edl mode.
I have to wait until battery goes down and charge it to see if it works.
Hope so....
Many thanks to xiaomi for locking bootloader.....

Edit: that's good. Empty battery this morning. When charged a little, I turned it on to check ROM. That was good. Install twrp. And super SU. Now, downloading latest stable. Great.

Last edited: