Two Camera Icons and Other Questions

yoss15

Members
Apr 18, 2011
Hey everyone, I'm fairly new to MIUI, I used it for a little a couple of weeks ago and decided to try it out again and had a few questions.

Is it normal to have two icons for the camera? It is kind of annoying since I like to use as little space as necessary.

Also when I first installed MIUI it had a different UI for the camera app, now it looks like stock android. I'm not really sure what happened, is there a way to change it back?

Also, does anyone else have issues with there standby button? I have an EVO and since installing MIUI my standby button doesn't always turn the screen on. I don't think its hardware because it always works for turning the screen off.

I believe the reasoning for 2x camera icons. 1) MIUI Camera 2) Stock GB Camera. In the lastest build, I only have 1x camera, the MIUI Camera.

I thought that would be the reason but they both take to the stock camera and I have the latest build.

theres two camera icons because they are two different camera apps. one is the cm camera (from cyanogen mod) and the other is the miui camera. you can pick whatever camera works best for you. cm camera has the working ffc switch. miui camera has touch location focus.

with your screen wake issue, try switching to another kernel, or just go to settings, display options, enable screen on animation.

Sent from my PC36100 using the miui-dev.com Forums App

I thought that the screen on animation was just the crt like animation? I already have that enabled anyway and am still having the problem.

Also like I said, both take me to the CM camera, anyway to fix this?

I thought that would be the reason but they both take to the stock camera and I have the latest build.

you're prob hitting home to get out the app to switch to the other camera app? instead, use the back button to exit out (or long press back to kill it)

I thought that the screen on animation was just the crt like animation? I already have that enabled anyway and am still having the problem.

Also like I said, both take me to the CM camera, anyway to fix this?

you have it enabled for screen off and screen on? it is only enabled for screen off by default. this is just a workaround.. been around since cm7 started nightlies. only other option is to try another kernel

Yeah enabling it was one of the first things I did actually, I love the animation haha.

I'll try another kernel and report back.