TWRP and /system problem

I already know how to delete folders or files in /system without going into fastboot is very simple if you are root.

Use the app FX File Explorer, give root permissions in settings, mount the /system partition like r/w. When you finish deleting or modifying what you want, unmount the partition as r/w and leave it as read!. This step is extremely important, if you don't do that you go into fastboot!!!!
It is all necessary nothing related to AVB2.0 is necessary.

Reactions: Mammad and LOLO9393
I already know how to delete folders or files in /system without going into fastboot is very simple if you are root.

Use the app FX File Explorer, give root permissions in settings, mount the /system partition like r/w. When you finish deleting or modifying what you want, unmount the partition as r/w and leave it as read!. This step is extremely important, if you don't do that you go into fastboot!!!!
It is all necessary nothing related to AVB2.0 is necessary.
Confirmed Working! Worked like a charm! Thanks Bro

Reactions: LOLO9393
Confirmed Working! Worked like a charm! Thanks Bro
Thanks for reporting your test.
You can also leave R/w right in file explorer but you must disable its ROOT authorization in Magisk manager. That"s what I am doing on my phone.

Anybody tried to remove file in vendor?
System partition is ok but any modification in vendor just result in boot to fastboot in my phone.

Anybody tried to remove file in vendor?
System partition is ok but any modification in vendor just result in boot to fastboot in my phone.
Yes, everybody knows that. it is explained all along the thread and many reports else where.
You said you were able to modify system file? what's mean?
This rom is read only.

Guys,I have got the way to unlock system&vendor and modify them without rebooting to fastboot and successed in practice. To make that u need to repack the system image and vendor image with new android image pack solution,it's mkuserimg_mke2fs.sh, mke2fs and e2fsdroid. For more detail, pls read https://juejin.im/post/5eb939f4e51d454dd940710f , that's where I found the way.

Guys,I have got the way to unlock system&vendor and modify them without rebooting to fastboot and successed in practice. To make that u need to repack the system image and vendor image with new android image pack solution,it's mkuserimg_mke2fs.sh, mke2fs and e2fsdroid. For more detail, pls read https://juejin.im/post/5eb939f4e51d454dd940710f , that's where I found the way.

Inside the .zip of the ROM there are two files called system.new.dat.br and vendor.new.dat.br, these are not .img files or are they?

Every time an update comes out I would have to do the whole process again, right?

Wouldn't method of unmounting the partition before rebooting be so much better? This way you prevent me from entering fastboot

What are the advantages of this method, so TWRP could finally edit files from those partitions? Thank you

Inside the .zip of the ROM there are two files called system.new.dat.br and vendor.new.dat.br, these are not .img files or are they?

Every time an update comes out I would have to do the whole process again, right?

Wouldn't method of unmounting the partition before rebooting be so much better? This way you prevent me from entering fastboot

What are the advantages of this method, so TWRP could finally edit files from those partitions? Thank you
System and vendor inside the zip are compressed with brotli, it can be uncompressed with brotli.
Actually, as you said, this way requires repacking the flash bag for every update.
This way just make the system and vendor can be modified, but recovery still can not modify.
It's much complicated, but it's the only way i have known.
Here are the CMD i used for repacking partitions in linux.
env MKE2FS_CONFIG=./mke2fs.conf E2FSPROGS_FAKE_TIME=1230768000 mke2fs -O ^has_journal -L vendor -t ext4 -b 4096 ./vendor.img {your Inode size}
env E2FSPROGS_FAKE_TIME=1230768000 e2fsdroid -e -T 1230768000 -C ./vendor_fs_config -S ./vendor_file_contexts -f /mnt/vendor -a /vendor ./vendor.img

env MKE2FS_CONFIG=./mke2fs.conf E2FSPROGS_FAKE_TIME=1230768000 mke2fs -O ^has_journal -L / -t ext4 -b 4096 ./system.img {your Inode size}
env E2FSPROGS_FAKE_TIME=1230768000 e2fsdroid -e -T 1230768000 -C ./system_fs_config -S ./system_file_contexts -f /mnt/system -a / ./system.img

Reactions: Pelayo
System and vendor inside the zip are compressed with brotli, it can be uncompressed with brotli.
Actually, as you said, this way requires repacking the flash bag for every update.
This way just make the system and vendor can be modified, but recovery still can not modify.
It's much complicated, but it's the only way i have known.
Here are the CMD i used for repacking partitions in linux.
env MKE2FS_CONFIG=./mke2fs.conf E2FSPROGS_FAKE_TIME=1230768000 mke2fs -O ^has_journal -L vendor -t ext4 -b 4096 ./vendor.img {your Inode size}
env E2FSPROGS_FAKE_TIME=1230768000 e2fsdroid -e -T 1230768000 -C ./vendor_fs_config -S ./vendor_file_contexts -f /mnt/vendor -a /vendor ./vendor.img

env MKE2FS_CONFIG=./mke2fs.conf E2FSPROGS_FAKE_TIME=1230768000 mke2fs -O ^has_journal -L / -t ext4 -b 4096 ./system.img {your Inode size}
env E2FSPROGS_FAKE_TIME=1230768000 e2fsdroid -e -T 1230768000 -C ./system_fs_config -S ./system_file_contexts -f /mnt/system -a / ./system.img
Thanks a lot for your expertise and explanation.
If this is the solution that permit R/W System modification via explorer without bricking the phone:
-Is it possible to have this done at ROM building for everybody to avoid manipulating Linux instruction?
- Can it be implemented at EU rom?

Reactions: Pelayo
Thanks a lot for your expertise and explanation.
If this is the solution that permit R/W System modification via explorer without bricking the phone:
-Is it possible to have this done at ROM building for everybody to avoid manipulating Linux instruction?
- Can it be implemented at EU rom?
You can find the discussion about the reason why modification accounts for rebooting fastboot in replies of link [URL]https://juejin.im/post/5eb939f4e51d454dd940710f[/url].
Specifically, the problem is caused by a parameter in image building process, so it can be done in the ROM building stage.

which parameter? translate important part to EN and post here..
Follows are part of the discussion.

Reply to 千阙: I got it after reading more source codes of AOSP. I also have occasional camera problems. Adding FS still has a small probability for camera FC. I have repeatedly compared the rebuilt image constructed with the official image. The official system image has tail data, which is detected by 7z. But there is no solution 。
The read-only problem should not be caused by mke2fs binrary. Add the
-O parameter to solve the problem. Compare with the official image repeatedly, there is no log in the official image. Therefore, even if you have modifiable permissions, rebooting to fastboot is also because of this.

In the discussion, the key parameter seems to be "-O ^has_journal", it is set by add "-j 0" to mkuserimg_mke2fs.sh.

[QUOTE = "Pelayo, post: 547214, member: 259904"]

There is an issue with the TWRP of mi10 and mi10pro cannot mount the system partition as write, only when reading. When trying to delete or modify any file in / system, you cannot test it yourself and you will find that it doesn't leave you.

And there was another problem with partition / system just happened to me on mi10 and my10pro was checked. When you modify any file or remove anything from / system using the rooted file manager, the phone when rebooted will go to fastboot. For example, to remove icons from rom: / system / media / theme / miui_mod_icons

Or, directly modify from the file manager a system application.

[/QUOTE]

Me too. Pray for a solution

Last edited:
[QUOTE = "Pelayo, bài: 547214, thành viên: 259904"]
Có một vấn đề với TWRP của mi10 và mi10pro không thể gắn kết phân vùng hệ thống dưới dạng ghi, chỉ khi đọc. Khi cố gắng xóa hoặc sửa đổi bất kỳ tệp nào trong / system, bạn không thể tự kiểm tra nó và bạn sẽ thấy rằng nó không rời khỏi bạn.

Và có một vấn đề khác với phân vùng / hệ thống chỉ xảy ra với tôi trên mi10 và my10pro đã được kiểm tra. Khi bạn sửa đổi bất kỳ tệp nào hoặc xóa bất cứ thứ gì khỏi / hệ thống bằng trình quản lý tệp đã root, điện thoại khi khởi động lại sẽ vào fastboot. Ví dụ: để xóa các biểu tượng khỏi rom: / system / media / theme / miui_mod_icons
Hoặc trực tiếp sửa đổi từ trình quản lý tệp một ứng dụng hệ thống.
[/TRÍCH DẪN]
Tôi cũng vậy. Cầu nguyện cho một giải pháp
after any modification you do via file explorer remove root rights in Magisk manager or do the same in your file explorer configuration..
Issue will be patched in some next EU rom release to come.
Note: please write in english!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sau bất kỳ sửa đổi nào bạn thực hiện thông qua trình thám hiểm tệp, hãy xóa quyền root trong trình quản lý Magisk hoặc thực hiện tương tự trong cấu hình trình duyệt tệp của bạn ..
Vấn đề sẽ được vá trong một số bản phát hành rom EU tiếp theo.

Lưu ý: xin vui lòng viết bằng tiếng Anh!

Hi, anyone knows if this issue is patched in weekly or stable EU release?
I really want to install some magisk modules, and always end in fastboot. I'm on stable EU, maybe weekly?

Thanks.

Enviado desde mi Mi 10 mediante Tapatalk

Is it solved with the new builds of android 11? I am still in the last week of android 10 and I would like to know if the system can finally be modified, without going to fastboot.

Reactions: Francisco_Echeve
No, this time you can't even use FX app cause after granting R/W you can't undone that! Android 11 can't be fooled yet

What is the latest twrp for mi 10 pro? I have 3.4.1b - 0313 ist that OK?

Gesendet von meinem Mi 10 Pro mit Tapatalk

Well It's all in Chinese so i would be thankful to share the procurement with us in English

i installed succesully new weekly A11 but in some file explorer apps the system is RO and all attempt to make it RW not work. i tried to understand the chinese post with no luck

i installed succesully new weekly A11 but in some file explorer apps the system is RO and all attempt to make it RW not work. i tried to understand the chinese post with no luck
If you change the RO to RW then your phone won't boot, in Android 10 we could change to RW and after editing change it back to RO but in Android 11 after changing to RW, we can't set it back to RO and the phone won't boot! That's the Problem in Android 11 for now!

Well, This time Google implemented SCOPE STORAGE and must wait for a compatible file explorer, this means developers need google permission for their apps!!!!!