TWRP backup

Ryskle

Members
Jan 31, 2021
Hello,
I have Mi 10 Ultra, when i do a full backup via TWRP 3.4.2b by wzsx150 everything goes fine.
But when i do a restore from the full backup my phone goes on bootloop and i have to reflash ROM again.

any advise or help ?

What Android version you installed and what version was the backup? Also what type of a backup you did?

What Android version you installed and what version was the backup? Also what type of a backup you did?
By type I mean what partitions did you backup? Because if you backed up system files and tried to restore them into the new is it will corrupt it as those are different versions, I recommend you to reflash the older Android version u did the backup on restore the backup and do the backup trough backup in the MIUI settings and copying files to your computer

Reactions: Harry1968
Hello,
I have Mi 10 Ultra, when i do a full backup via TWRP 3.4.2b by wzsx150 everything goes fine.
But when i do a restore from the full backup my phone goes on bootloop and i have to reflash ROM again.

any advise or help ?
You can solve that problem by deleting folder /data/extm

Sent from my Mi Ultra via Tapatalk

Android V11 miui 12.1.1
i did a full backup (means all partitions) and i did full restore. same version nothing changed in the rom between the backup and the restore
i just wanted to check that the full restore works great as i'm gonna travel and will need it in case of something hapen.

Then my phone goes on bootloop and i had to flash rom (miui 12.1.1) again

thanks for help

You can solve that problem by deleting folder /data/extm

Sent from my Mi Ultra via Tapatalk
what is that folder have to do in the restore just to understand ?

What i need to have is : Having a full backup of my miui 12.1.1/android 11 (including apps, settings, magisk and his mods) and in case of my phone get any issue i will do the full restore during my long travel

Really apreciate your help guys

This is for when you can't create backup of data partition in android 11 ;)
Well none of you guys did a full backup/restore on mi 10 ultra, on android 11 ?
I wanted to check which partition to save / restore exactly in order to keep : settings, apps, files, ROM version, magisk and magisk modules.

Any help ?
I attached all listed partitions.

Attachments

• IMG-20210217-WA0010.jpg
    IMG-20210217-WA0010.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 262