Twrp Doesn't Work

daniele.pintus

Members
Jan 13, 2016
I try to install twrp...all is ok but when I try to enter in twrp mode (on+ volume up) I see the imagine with Smartphone and cable.... I' m crazy...I try all twrp but the problem is the same!

I already unlock bootloader! But twrp doesn't work...Is It possibile the procedure for unlock bootloader isn't work for something case? I see in my Pc the bootloader isn't unlock! Can I see in the smartphone if my bootloader isn't unlock or not?

Did unlocking process with MI unlock tool passed with 100% success???

If so, try downloading twrp from link i wrote in upper post...

Reactions: daniele.pintus
Yes, 100% success unlock...now I try to unlock again but the process interrupted 50%...but I think because the smartphone already unlock

Hi,

I have the same problem. Redmi Pro is successfully unlocked with Tool, flashed TWRP (from link above) with fastboot, but when I reboot it boots to System not to TWRP. How did you get it to work?

Thanks.

Hi GoranCRO,

you write that one should flash TWRP with adb. I only found guides to use fastboot. How do I flash TWRP with adb?

Hi GoranCRO,

you write that one should flash TWRP with adb. I only found guides to use fastboot. How do I flash TWRP with adb?

Install ADB drivers, then go in fastboot mode (using your phone vol- and power)...

Then DL this TWRP from link above (move it to ADB folder and rename to recovery.img), and in folder where u installed ADB press right click on your mouse with SHIFT key together... And then start CMD, and then use the following code... "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img" and when that's done use this code "fastboot boot recovery.img" and then you will boot into TWRP and will be able to install xiaomi.eu ROM...

Reactions: Stefano131270
Hi GoranCRO,

thank you very much. It now worked with "fastboot boot recovery.img". That was the missing link. I tried "fastboot reboot" before, but that only booted to system. Now I will try to root the phone with Supersu and the install the global rom.

First u must wipe data and then mount usb storage, when mounted copy update.zip (latest xiaomi.eu ROM renamed to update.zip - u previously downloaded from this beautiful forum :D)...

when update.zip copied to device, unmount and then install, and after installation gets completed wipe dalvik cache...

Hi GoranCRO,

but wiping /data is not possible. I always get the message that /data can not be mounted. Like described in the thread that I mentioned in my last post.

Ok,

I flashed the 'twrp_omega.im' which is mentioned in the other thread. This is a somewhat chinese recovery software with which I could not do anything. But then I flashed TWRP again and now I am able to wipe /data and to flash the xiaomi.eu_multi_HMPro_6.8.25_v8-6.0.zip image. I did not have to rename it. I could choose it in TWRP from external sd card. Now it booted to MIUI 8... Mission completed... I hope. :)

Thanks a lot for your help!