TWRP encrypted

SekoN1

Members
Jan 30, 2019
Good Morning,

I'm trying to install the rom .eu

I have the global rom stable, I install the twrp, I copy the rom .eu in the internal storage, but I can not see it from twrp.

the internal storage is encrypted.

How can decrypt twrp information?

Good Morning,

I'm trying to install the rom .eu

I have the global rom stable, I install the twrp, I copy the rom .eu in the internal storage, but I can not see it from twrp.

the internal storage is encrypted.

How can decrypt twrp information?
you must format data in twrp.
please save and backup what you have to keep via settings/backup.

format data formats the data partition which is required since it was encrypted by global rom.
Just wiping data doesn't suffice.

Format data in twrp clears the global rom before installing the rom .eu?
Format data clean and decrypt the phone.
The rom is located in system partition and it will be cleaned and formatted at new installation start.

Hi there,
Is there any way please to get any link for TWRP and process on "how to use" on MI MIX 3?
I've looked another thread about it but many people said that TWRP wasn't working, and that there was no way to change global rom (original one when getting the MI MIX3) by a XIAOMI.EU one.

Regards.
Titek'

i have a mi mix 3 and i install the rom xiaomi.eu. TWRP download from link of post the xiaomi.eu weekly.

Only exist one problem, when twrp is installed de data is encrypted, but you can format data and connect the mi mix 3 to pc and put xiomi.eu rom in internal memory.

Reactions: Titek
TWRP also works for an encrypted file system, you just need the key. If you re-encrypt the phone, enter the screen lock code when TWRP starts and everything works fine, although with MIUI-based roms you may have a problem with saving the /data partition (it works ok with non-MIUI roms).