TWRP flashing problems (Magisk, ROM, ...)

natrius

Members
May 15, 2019
Hello,

I installed 11.0.9 over the updater and it worked. I had some problems with magisk and root, (wantet to add xml file for *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* for example) the magisk manger tells me, magisk is not installed.

Used TWRP 3.3.1-0 before, downloaded 3.3.1-62-cepheus-mauronofrio.img and now flashed twrp-3.3.1-34-cepheus.img succesfully, as this is the version available in the 'stable'-thread.

So, i downloaded Magisk-v17.1.zip and Magisk-v20.4(20400).zip -> the v20 via the magisk manager. When installing the 17.1 Magisk i get the following:

Code:
Repacking boot image
Unable to repack boot image!
Unmounting partitions
Updater process ended with ERROR: 1
Error installing zip file '/sdcard/Download/Magisk-v17.1.zip'
Updating partition details...
...done

With 20.4 it stops right after "Mounting /system" with a "Cannot mount /system".

I read somewhere i should just flash the ROM again and then try to install Magisk again. When trying this with the manually download file i get this error:

Code:
...done
Full SELinux support is present.
MTP Enabled.
Installing zip file 'xiaomi.eu_multi_MI9_V11.0.9.0.QFACXM_v11-10.zip'
Checking for Digest file...
Failed to map file 'xiaomi.eu_multi_MI9_V11.0.9.0.QFACXM_v11-10.zip'
Error installing zip file '/sdcard/Download/'xiaomi.eu_multi_MI9_V11.0.9.0.QFACXM_v11-10.zip'
...done

I hope you guys can help :)

to add:
Via advanced - file manager - i see files in /sdcard/dcim for example, that would mean my device is not encrypted ?

Actually, i unpacked the 'xiaomi.eu_multi_MI9_V11.0.9.0.QFACXM_v11-10.zip', patched the boot.img with magisk and installed the boot_patched.img with TWRP and that worked. *shrug*