Twrp for mi se

Dxkernel

Members
May 16, 2019
Hi all , i have mi 8 se with eu rom stable v 11.0.3 (android 9) and twrp 3.3.0 0423 .
Now i want to install miui 11 (android 10 based) and want to know if it's safe to use same twrp version (3.3.0) ?
If i must update twrp , they're same (through recovery itself/fastboot comand )
Thank you

Hi all , i have mi 8 se with eu rom stable v 11.0.3 (android 9) and twrp 3.3.0 0423 .
Now i want to install miui 11 (android 10 based) and want to know if it's safe to use same twrp version (3.3.0) ?
If i must update twrp , they're same (through recovery itself/fastboot comand )
Thank you
[/QUOTE
Sorry! didn't see your post early...]
YES.
You install eu rom with 0423 and the new android 10 TWRP will be set at install.
all good.

You install eu rom with 0423 and the new android 10 TWRP will be set at install.

I am sorry but i don understand that, is not clear at all

I am sorry but i don understand that, is not clear at all
If you explain your situation with reference, I'll be able to catch what is not clear for you!
What rom are you on?
What twrp is installed?
What rom do you want to install?

Im on 9.3.28
Twrp 3.2.3-1227
Want to install latest weekly or at least best weekly with new MIUI for my device, I dont want bat draining, 9.3.28 works fine but dark mode would be nice to test.

What i dont get is TWRP will be wet at install. english issues maybe

Im on 9.3.28
Twrp 3.2.3-1227
Want to install latest weekly or at least best weekly with new MIUI for my device, I dont want bat draining, 9.3.28 works fine but dark mode would be nice to test.

What i dont get is TWRP will be wet at install. english issues maybe
Fine!
You can install weekly EU android10 with 1227 twrp. No problem!
At reboot your actual twrp will be replaced by the new one needed for Android 10. This is done when you flash the rom, nothing to do from your side.
You can start with last week rom or 9.12.26/27 if you are cautious and then upgrade.

So twrp updates itself? This is what i did not understand from the start of conversation.

So,
1 reboot to twrp
2 install new rom from zip file, no wipe no format
Reboot to system and thats it?

Ok ill try and come back here with news

So twrp updates itself? This is what i did not understand from the start of conversation.

So,
1 reboot to twrp
2 install new rom from zip file, no wipe no format
Reboot to system and thats it?

Ok ill try and come back here with news
YES! like that! because you are on EU weekly rom already.
why to look for complication?

Fine!
You can install weekly EU android10 with 1227 twrp. No problem!
At reboot your actual twrp will be replaced by the new one needed for Android 10. This is done when you flash the rom, nothing to do from your side.
You can start with last week rom or 9.12.26/27 if you are cautious and then upgrade.

Hi, can i ask you one more question?
I am in same situation only i am on Stable version and i would like to install new stable.
Twrp 3.2.3-1227
ROM V11.0.3.0.PEBCNXM_v11-9

Will TWRP update it self or i need another TWRP?

Thnx.

Hi, can i ask you one more question?
I am in same situation only i am on Stable version and i would like to install new stable.
Twrp 3.2.3-1227
ROM V11.0.3.0.PEBCNXM_v11-9

Will TWRP update it self or i need another TWRP?

Thnx.
No problem, the process is stabilized now and under control. You can flash latest stable with 1227 TWRP.
A new TWRP for android 10 will be installed at the end flashing. (you have a folder named recovery into the zip. it contains the new twrp! )

Last edited:
Reactions: ToWaRR
No problem, the process is stabilized now and under control. You can flash latest stable with 1227 TWRP.
A new TWRP for android 10 will be installed at the end flashing. (you have a folder named recovery into the zip. it contains the new twrp! )

Just installed the latest Xiaomi EU Android Q version with TWRP 1227 and working!

Last edited:
Reactions: LOLO9393