TWRP / Orangefox / PitchBlack recovery for Redmi Note 9 Pro (Joyeuse)

amehgoooo

Members
Sep 4, 2021
Hello,

If the MIUI Scanner app is not working in the latest Stable version for your device, you can:

- Try to install this zip in TWRP to update/fix the MIUI Scanner app: TWRP_MIUI_Scanner_Xiaomi.eu_13.08.042_Installation.zip

But if the installation is failing in TWRP:

- With Magisk (root), here's a Magisk module (to install in Magisk app): MIUI-Xiaomi.eu_MIUI_Scanner_app_13.08.042-Magisk.zip

;)
Thank you for your response I will try this. It will compatible with my orangefox recovery right?

Poney70

Donator
Oct 3, 2019
Thank you for your response I will try this. It will compatible with my orangefox recovery right?
It's compatible with all custom recovery. :)

But if the custom recovery can't modify the System partition of the device, it will not work (of course). ;)

• Love
Reactions: amehgoooo

danielpt

Members
Aug 17, 2020

sir_bazz

Members
Jun 18, 2020
I got trwp and the eu 12.5.2 i dont like the Orange very Much.. i have to Change or i cán keep the twrp?
Thanks

Enviado do meu Redmi Note 9 Pro através do Tapatalk
If TWRP is working for you then feel free to keep on using it.

sir_bazz

Members
Jun 18, 2020
I also prefer TWRP., bit I had problem with erasing Data partition in latest TWRP, to delete encryption. In Orangefox it worked. That's why I recommend Orangefox.
I prefer OrangeFox because they provide the widest support for Xiaomi devices.

The Dev has a 9S and tests features and compatibility himself. And he does load up custom ROMs to confirm bugs and contributes his fixes to TWRP.

But if someone like the poster above prefers TWRP, and it's working for him (even though there's no updates and no support for it), then we can only tell him that OrangeFox is the best. The rest is up to him to decide.

Reactions: androik and Poney70

rbarat

Members
Apr 17, 2019
I prefer OrangeFox because they provide the widest support for Xiaomi devices.

The Dev has a 9S and tests features and compatibility himself. And he does load up custom ROMs to confirm bugs and contributes his fixes to TWRP.

But if someone like the poster above prefers TWRP, and it's working for him (even though there's no updates and no support for it), then we can only tell him that OrangeFox is the best. The rest is up to him to decide.
As I wrote, in my case, TWRP had a problem deleting the encrypted Data Partition. That's why I recommend Orangefox.
Apart from what I said, TWRP worked well for me.

BTW, there is new OrangeFox-miatoll-stable@R11.1_2.zip. Link to download in the 1st post.

Last edited: