TWRP / Orangefox recovery for Redmi Note 9 Pro (Joyeuse)

Hello,

If the MIUI Scanner app is not working in the latest Stable version for your device, you can:

- Try to install this zip in TWRP to update/fix the MIUI Scanner app: TWRP_MIUI_Scanner_Xiaomi.eu_13.08.042_Installation.zip

But if the installation is failing in TWRP:

- With Magisk (root), here's a Magisk module (to install in Magisk app): MIUI-Xiaomi.eu_MIUI_Scanner_app_13.08.042-Magisk.zip

;)
Thank you for your response I will try this. It will compatible with my orangefox recovery right?

Thank you for your response I will try this. It will compatible with my orangefox recovery right?
It's compatible with all custom recovery. :)

But if the custom recovery can't modify the System partition of the device, it will not work (of course). ;)

• Love
Reactions: amehgoooo
I got trwp and the eu 12.5.2 i dont like the Orange very Much.. i have to Change or i cán keep the twrp?
Thanks

Enviado do meu Redmi Note 9 Pro através do Tapatalk
If TWRP is working for you then feel free to keep on using it.

I also prefer TWRP., bit I had problem with erasing Data partition in latest TWRP, to delete encryption. In Orangefox it worked. That's why I recommend Orangefox.
I prefer OrangeFox because they provide the widest support for Xiaomi devices.

The Dev has a 9S and tests features and compatibility himself. And he does load up custom ROMs to confirm bugs and contributes his fixes to TWRP.

But if someone like the poster above prefers TWRP, and it's working for him (even though there's no updates and no support for it), then we can only tell him that OrangeFox is the best. The rest is up to him to decide.

Reactions: androik and Poney70
I prefer OrangeFox because they provide the widest support for Xiaomi devices.

The Dev has a 9S and tests features and compatibility himself. And he does load up custom ROMs to confirm bugs and contributes his fixes to TWRP.

But if someone like the poster above prefers TWRP, and it's working for him (even though there's no updates and no support for it), then we can only tell him that OrangeFox is the best. The rest is up to him to decide.
As I wrote, in my case, TWRP had a problem deleting the encrypted Data Partition. That's why I recommend Orangefox.
Apart from what I said, TWRP worked well for me.

BTW, there is new OrangeFox-miatoll-stable@R11.1_2.zip. Link to download in the 1st post.

Last edited:
funktioniert die kartenzahlung nach der installation von eu rom oder brauche ich magisk und zwingend root?

Thanks for info

It doesn't work for me. With Orangefox and the latest rom miui.eu. It flashes but when it boots it returns to recovery.

It doesn't work for me. With Orangefox and the latest rom miui.eu. It flashes but when it boots it returns to recovery.
You must have bad ROM install file.
Download ROM file again and try to install it.
Or you didn't decrypt Data partition.

I don't see a way to record calls with the latest rom updates I don't see a way to be able to record calls with the latest roms updates from xiaomi.eu, I know that with old roms it was possible, now it is not possible, not even having the option to record calls active from the miui proprietary phone application Does anyone get that option to work with any of the latest roms for joyeuse?

I understand that it works with the native miui application, without doing anything else? I don't know if I need to change some permission of the app or another background service, but it doesn't work for me.

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 9 Pro mediante Tapatalk

I don't see a way to record calls with the latest rom updates I don't see a way to be able to record calls with the latest roms updates from xiaomi.eu, I know that with old roms it was possible, now it is not possible, not even having the option to record calls active from the miui proprietary phone application Does anyone get that option to work with any of the latest roms for joyeuse?
Calls recording is present in latest MIUI.EU ROM 12.5.3, as is previous versions. Settings are on the same place, as is previous versions, inCall settings.

I understand that it works with the native miui application, without doing anything else? I don't know if I need to change some permission of the app or another background service, but it doesn't work for me.

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 9 Pro mediante Tapatalk
Yes, it works with the native miui application, without doing anything else.
Didn't you make a mistake and accidentally download Global ROM?