TWRP remount system writable?

mankokoma

Members
Aug 5, 2019
Hi there. Just beside rooting the POCO F3 (twrp-3.6.0_11-0-alioth xiaomi.eu_multi_HMK40_POCOF3_V12.5.18.0.RKHCNXM_v12-11 stable) with magisk and to use a very strange script found at the XDA forum...
Is there a way to remount system RW in TWRP?
The only thing I want to do is to change the hosts file. I don't like the workaround with AdAway VPN or dns666 too much.
I don't wanna root or do something else... maybe just debloat here and there a little ;-)
Whatever I try (many things found in the www) always "/dev/block/dm-0 is read only".
Any tricks/ideas anyone?

Hi there. Just beside rooting the POCO F3 (twrp-3.6.0_11-0-alioth xiaomi.eu_multi_HMK40_POCOF3_V12.5.18.0.RKHCNXM_v12-11 stable) with magisk and to use a very strange script found at the XDA forum...
Is there a way to remount system RW in TWRP?
The only thing I want to do is to change the hosts file. I don't like the workaround with AdAway VPN or dns666 too much.
I don't wanna root or do something else... maybe just debloat here and there a little ;-)
Whatever I try (many things found in the www) always "/dev/block/dm-0 is read only".
Any tricks/ideas anyone?
Sadly it is no way without Magisk trick... or may be unpack the rom and modify host in it. lol!

• Sad
Reactions: mankokoma