TWRP twrp-3.7.0_12-v8.0_A13 error 'unable to find partition for path data'

pHneutral

Members
Aug 14, 2023
Hi there,

Maybe someone can help me with the following?
I just updated TWRP on my Xiaomi 13 Ultra to the latest version. Previous version worked fine with backup, however with the latest version when I try to do a backup, it gives an error "unable to find partition for path data".
Also I notice I can't select the data partition. It's not visible.

I flashed the recovery exactly like I did with previous version, using the 'fastboot flash recovery_ab recovery.img' command.

- Update - Reverting back to previous TWRP version worked and enabled me again to backup the data partition. Also again I got asked for unlock pattern when entering TWRP, which the newer version didn't ask. So there's a problem with the newest TWRP version?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!
Dennis

Last edited:
Hi there,

Maybe someone can help me with the following?
I just updated TWRP on my Xiaomi 13 Ultra to the latest version. Previous version worked fine with backup, however with the latest version when I try to do a backup, it gives an error "unable to find partition for path data".
Also I notice I can't select the data partition. It's not visible.

I flashed the recovery exactly like I did with previous version, using the 'fastboot flash recovery_ab recovery.img' command.

- Update - Reverting back to previous TWRP version worked and enabled me again to backup the data partition. Also again I got asked for unlock pattern when entering TWRP, which the newer version didn't ask. So there's a problem with the newest TWRP version?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!
Dennis

I have read that SKKK removed all v8 TWRP builds and advised to not install them. Maybe it's not stable yet...

Can I reboot to TWRP without using a PC and ADB command?
Holding power and volume down only goes to Fastboot.