Uber on Miui.ue ROM

Lionhrt

Members
Sep 9, 2018
Today i've installed the latest Weekly Build of MIUI 10 ROM (8.9.6) it works fine but i noticed the Uber App doesn´t book a ride and shows an error (There was an error to process your request if the problem persist visit help.uber.com). Searching here on the forum I found some people faces the same issue but in older roms (threads from 2017) so i suppose it's a non common issue. For now i keep booking rides from m.uber.com, but is there a way to fix this issue? In a stable ROM the app works fine?

Hope i get a response, or maybe this thread will help other users to book rides from m.uber.com

Best Regards.

Last edited:
Yes! I've been in the same situation for a long time. First I was using MIUI 9 from China. Uber app used to work properly. Later (still using MIUI 9.x) it started not working. I've made contact and Uber support says we (Mi 5X) can't use Uber app using this device. It's like prohibited. Later I flashed MIUI EU 10 and Uber still doesn't work.

Can you describe better what happed? Did the app used to work fine? What MIUI were you using?

I was using the stock china ROM which come with the phone IRC was MIUI 9 but Uber didn't work, so i turned the MI5X into a A1 obviously work like a charm. I get bored of stock android so I decided to try MIUI.eu ROM first MIUI 10 8.8.30 (no luck uber still doesnt book rides) and now 8.9.6 same scenario. Using the mobile web page m.uber.com i can book a ride and even using the app when the ride starts but never book the ride in the app.

So for the user facing the same problem, you could use this steps
1. In google chrome app go to m.uber.com
2. The app can make an automatic bookmark in your home screen even haves the Uber logo
3. Log in with your account and book a ride (works like a "lite" Uber app)

Maybe the only problem i faced with the web page is the gps, it's not that accurate.

PS. making a research i found that uber app knows the ROM is a chinese one, i'm searching if there is a way to "mask" that info.

I have the same problem. I believe it's the uncertified device from Google Play Protect. I found a few apps which you cannot make in-app purchases, even though I'm using PayPal

I have the same problem. I believe it's the uncertified device from Google Play Protect. I found a few apps which you cannot make in-app purchases, even though I'm using PayPal
which device? which ROM? no ROOT or Magisk? SafetyNet passes?

xiaomi 5x,
stock rom miu 9 (don't know exact version, I updated to 10 recently and don't know if there's a way to check prev vers)
no root
cts profile match failed, all other pass

xiaomi 5x,
stock rom miu 9 (don't know exact version, I updated to 10 recently and don't know if there's a way to check prev vers)
no root
cts profile match failed, all other pass
install our ROM.. all your issues will be solved..

I read somewhere, I don't remember exactly where that Uber only works in stable versions of MIUI.eu roms. I always used the beta weakly releases. Maybe that's why it doesn't work.

Does anyone have tried or confirm this info?

Thanks

I had the same problem with a completely different device and ROM. This helped to solve it:

My uber started working, just formatted my mi 5x and uber started working

I'm on the latest weekly beta rom