[Ultra] How to optimize speaker quality?

NiteC0re

Members
May 1, 2021
Tried someone to optimize the speaker quality of the Ultra? The speakers are in my opinion disappointing for a "Harman Kardon" brand. The speakers lacks in lower frequency. On my OP7 Pro, I had Viper4Android installed and activated "Speaker Optimization". This option enhanced the lower frequencies a lot. But I was not able to install the drivers for V4A on the Ultra...

Any ideas?

How did you try to install it? I havent tested it yet on my mi11 but I had it on my old phone, with newer android builds the configuration is a little differemt

The normal way. One with or without AML, and one with SELinux policies. But with SE policies, V4A didnt start - black screen.

NL Sound mod? Never heard before... do u have any links?
Here you go.... When you flash after selecting language. Three times no, the rest yes.

Thanks. I can install it, but there is no GUI like V4A.
I got it working!! Figured it out thru trial and error.
First make sure you have both magisk and edxposed working. Go to settings > sound & touch > scroll all the way to the bottom to Sound Effects and disable the Harman Kardon slider. Next you go to magisk and install the Audio Modification Library and Audio Compatibility Patch (You have various options durning installation which you can select using the volume buttons, I used UP/UP/UP/UP/UP/DOWN). After that you open the V4A app and if it asks if you want to install the driver select yes. Once it reboots, go to settings and enable Legacy mode. It should be working now! I did this on the mi11 but I think that it should work for any Mi 11/Pro/Ultra/Etc. I'm not sure if the ACP is actually mandatory for it to work but I included it just in case

EDIT: Okay so I just removed ACP to check if it would still work and it says no driver detected, so it is mandatory in order for V4A to work.

Last edited:
Reactions: NiteC0re
Thanks man :) it works! But something from exposed was not necessary.

Now is the question... do we need NLSound mod?

Thanks man :) it works! But something from exposed was not necessary.

Now is the question... do we need NLSound mod?
You're welcome dude. Ah yeah, you're right xposed is indeed not required. I have tried the NLSound mod but honestly it doesn't really change anything (in my opinion)