Un-brick Help Needed :-(

chris Dietrich

Members
May 1, 2016
Hi all,
received my new Redmi 4x yesterday, but I seem to have bricked it right away.
I have been installing the xiaomi.eu roms on many phones already never had issues.

What I did:
- downloaded latest 7.11.2 santoni
- downloaded latest TWRP santoni
- unlocked phone with miUnlock. Told me, it is unlocked
- checked unlock status with fastboot
- transferred TWRP and booted phone into TWRP - worked well
- wiped phone
- installed 7.11.2 from xiaomi.eu --> went well, all successful
- rebooted phone

What I have now:
- No recovery
- phone shows mi logo for 0,5 secs then stays black and stops booting
- can enter fastboot, which is telling me, phone is locked.

What I tried:
- Mi unlock is telling me "Current account is not bound to this device"
- miflash is not succeeding
- fastboot does not let me flash new recovery (TWRP / Stock)
- edl mode cannot be activated, also tried modified fastboot version to enter edl - failed

Any ideas, help?
I am not even sure, where I turned wrong in the first place :-(
Thanks a lot upfront for any ideas..

Fastboot working?
YES --> - can enter fastboot, which is telling me, phone is locked.

So basically I can enter fastboot mode, but can't really do anything with fastboot. As it does not let me flash new recovery due to locked status of the bootloader

Whats happen if you try to flash stock rom again in fastboot through miflash? Or did you try to unlock it again when in fastboot? What was the rom before you flash the xiaomi.eu rom?

Whats happen if you try to flash stock rom again in fastboot through miflash? Or did you try to unlock it again when in fastboot? What was the rom before you flash the xiaomi.eu rom?

I tried both.. See also description in initial post. unlocking fails with the error above --> "Current account is not bound to this device"
MiFlash (current) doese not recognize any device (although "fastboot devices" is listing it), with MiFalsh (Beta), device is shown, but crashes immediatly, whey trying to flash (I tried latest global developer fastboot version).
And honestly, I have no idea on the initial rom on the phone. First boot was into fastboot to get xiaomi.eu rom on it right away before configuring the phone.

Use testpoint to get into edl mode. If you dont know it search for it.
My Hero!! :)
In fact I really didn't see this when looking for solutions. Done it, worked flawlessly and I am currently on latest global stable version (which is MIUI 8 - Android 6.0.1 currently).

Now one more question from my side. Any idea, why this happened in the first place? Should I just put on latest TWRP and xiaomi.eu Rom again? Or any special version I need to go to to be save to install? Scared now :-(

Did you used the 3.1.1-0 twrp? You could try it with another twrp version, only wipe data and flash xiaomi.eu rom again. But after flashing directly boot into fastboot and check your bootloader. If its locked never boot to system with custom recovery like twrp ;)

Thanks for the answer. I tried again this morning.

what I had:
After the testpoint edl mode I loaded: santoni_global_images_V8.5.2.0.MAMMIED with MiFlash Tool.
Worked fine. This also resulted in an unlocked bootloader. But the image was Android 6 of course.

What I did then:
Booted into Fastboot, used twrp 3.1.1.0, factory reset, installed latest Xiaomi.eu, no errors.

this again locked my bootloader, phone was stuck with 1sec of mi-Logo and did nothing.
Testpoint procedure again, flashed latest China Developer Rom: santoni_images_7.11.9_20171109.0000.00_7.1_cn
worked, I am at least on Android 7 now with Miui 9.

Bootloader is locked now, I bound the device to my account in developer options and am now forced to wait 72 hours for unlocking (new xiaomi rule).
After that my plan is to unlock, use twrp again to flash latest Xiaomi.eu.
Correct? Any other hints and tips from anybody?

I am just surprised, that many people seem to have gone to xiaomi.eu rom without any issues with this phone.. I am still wondering, what I missed/did wrong, or what is different with my phone compared to others.. (btw: Redmi 4x 4GB/64GB version)