Unable to access Xiaomi.eu from a certain ISP

Syd_M

Members
Jun 1, 2020
This issue was first posted by someone else on another section, but it didn't receive any attention. I figure it might have been posted on the wrong section, so I'm bringing it up again in this forum in the hope that someone will look into it.

The Problem: Xiaomi.eu cannot be accessed when using Globe/Globelines (Philippines) as your ISP.

What Happens: The Xiaomi.eu website and forum doesn't load, and an error saying "the domain could not be reached" is given. This issue also seems to affect OTA updates.

What Works: Using another ISP or mobile network allow you to access Xiaomi.eu.

I can't tell if it's Xiaomi.eu blocking the ISP or the other way around, so I'm hoping this post will encourage the admins to look into it so we'll know what's actually causing the issue, and hopefull get it fixed.

Thanks!

Would be interesting to check with modified DNS (not use isp given ones)

I've tried, both with Google DNS and Cloudflare DNS, both router side and device side. I've tried with both phone and laptop, too. The one consistent thing is that if I'm using Globe ISP, I can't access this site. It doesn't matter if I'm using my broadband line or mobile data (both Globe), I still won't be able to access Xiaomi.eu at all. The only way around it is to use a different ISP entirely.

I tried doing a traceroute (should have thought of it earlier), and I noticed something interesting. Every traceroute ends at cogetel1-10g.hkix.net (123.255.90.86), which is in HK. I wonder if that's relevant?

Reactions: sxHeavy
Same here I'm a Globe user too and i can't access it. It's working on other isp such as Converge ICT

https://www.gdnspc.com/dns-propagation-checker/continent-as.html#A&xiaomi.eu
not accessible on too many ISP, maybe it's time to switch to another web hosting