Unable To Fix High Battery Drain Problem...

viper2k16

Members
Oct 13, 2016
Hi, i´m starting to come to the conclusion that my battery is damaged or something, i have a 3gb/32gb model running with rom 6.9.29 recently installed (came from original MIUI7, even tried AOSP version with Android 6.0 for a while from Team Superluminal) but is always the same, battery never lasts more than 7h even with everything at the bare minimum (brightness, no GPS, no BT enabled) and with Purify installed (similar to Greenify), i really find this unaceptable for a phone that costed me about 240€ (BTW just tested a Meizu M3s model that lasts 3 times at least and costs half of it, what a joke)
Attached you have a GSAM Battery Monitor app capture so you can check the high drain by yourself.
I´m seriously thinking in replacing this phone because of it, it´s unbereable having to plug it several times a day just to reach midnight :(
Any help will be appreciated, if you have any possible solution (besides throwing it away) i´m all ears, thanks.

Capture: s22.postimg.0rg/lh2ae6hrl/photo_2016_10_14_22_06_12.jpg
(Had to replace o for 0 in .org due to spam measures, won´t let me attach it directly)

Last edited:
I have no such drain with same 4c model, i think 32 gb is prime variant. Can you monitor software and hardware percentage of that drain? If it's battery not working properly do not despair, i have removed back cover case just to try and it's very simple to remove and change battery.

Thanks a lot for your responses, frankly i thought it wasn´t possible to replace battery by myself in this model, the thing is that i bought the phone brand new no longer than 8 months ago but it seems the problem is right there even though OS shows battery state as "normal", will have to look into buying another one...

Have you tried calibrating the battery? I had a similar issues with my battery drained fast, but calibrating the battery after installing 6.9.29 I didn't have any issue.

Further, try removing Greenify and other battery tools. The battery saving tools within MIUI should be adequate. For me they are. ☺

Reactions: viper2k16
Hi, i already tried calibrating the battery, it seems i wasn´t doing it properly until yesterday. Now is lasting longer but still compared to a Meizu i recently bought for my gf has nothing to do with it. Also to simplify things uninstalled Purify and DU Battery, hopefully bultin MIUI tool will do the same.
And last but not least, is it needed to calibrate it every time a new weekly rom update comes out or not necessary as long we keep the same one (and not jumping for instance to a AOSP based one as i recently did but rolled back due to unstability)

Thanks!

Hopefully i don´t need to do this because i checked the procedure and removing the back cover seems "easy" but just on paper without proper tools xD

Just to explain the easiness of the operation: http://en.miui.com/thread-168118-1-1.html
Once removed back cover you can unplug and change battery in one step :p. I suggest you to not search for the cheapest spare parts on classical web stores such ali. I'd buy something such as this.

To have battery more quickly you can choose ebay and i see spanish resellers

I had huge battery drain and overheating with weekly rom. Than i installed stable and things seem to be a lot better

And last but not least, is it needed to calibrate it every time a new weekly rom update comes out or not necessary as long we keep the same one (and not jumping for instance to a AOSP based one as i recently did but rolled back due to unstability)
I actually don't know. But it wouldn't hurt doing so, I guess :)

Reactions: viper2k16