Unable to get miflash unlock to unlock my Mi 11 Ultra

The saga continues. I contacted a seller on eBay in the UK who was selling an unlocked 11 Ultra with an xiaomi.eu ROM. He said that my seller did not sign out of his xiaomi account when he reset the phone. Consequently xiaomi still thinks my phone belongs to him. He has signed out of this phone and deleted, as per the screenshot from this morning. However when I tried to use Mi Unlock it yet again said that I needed to register the phone in my account!!

his account.
Old Xiaomi Account as of 3rd March 2023.jpg

Last edited:
What is this screenshot from? I never signed in in Xiaomi website. --> EDIT:; Ok got it. It's screenshot from the seller.
Can you see the device in your device in settings and then mi account then devices?

Do a factory reset and try it again from the scratch

The screenshot is from the person that I bought the phone from on eBay, as of this morning. This proves it is no longer registered in his name or account. It shows up in my account. I am leaving it 24 hours and will try again tomorrow but am not holding out much hope. At least I have Google Play and now have all the apps I use and an English keyboard so I can live with this. A careful and thorough trawl through Apps deleting every Chinese one, and disabling/denying notifications of those that cannot be uninstalled means that I have an almost English language phone, running Google Play and every app I want. With the added security of a locked bootloader and hopefully first dibs getting the very latest updates as it is the China Rom.

Last edited:
I tried again about an hour and a half ago and Mi Flash said to add the phone into my account, which is precisely what I did beforehand!

Screenshot_2023-03-04-10-46-50-185_com.xiaomi.account.jpg

I don't know anyone, sorry.

Use another Mi Unlock tool version and delete all the logs, I guess it is in your main drive, Users/Your-user/Appdata/Roaming/Xiaomi. Again, be sure your device is in fastboot mode, and you are logging in the same Mi Account in the Mi Unlock tool.

Make sure you try to bind account only using mobile network not WiFi

Make a web search for
please add your account in miui settings
You will see a lot of YouTube videos and some results in xda forum. There are a lot of guys who know

Reactions: julesmctrainspotter
I have been running the Mi Unlock on a completely different PC than my main one, which I am on now. I just deleted the files in my AppData on this PC and will give it one more go. The previous owner has deleted the phone from his account as nothing shows up in it. Therefore the problem must be at my end.
If this final attempt fails then I will have to make the best of the China ROM. With Google Play installed (thank goodness!) I have every app and email I need and have gone through the list of apps to either delete China only ones or block any notifications from those which cannot be deleted. One benefit with the phone being locked is that I will be happy to run my banking and PayPal apps on it.
Thanks for all your help though!

Reactions: Konfetti030
Where did you buy that device from? Private or official shop?
It sounds like that this guy already did or tried something with the bootloader and that your device is somehow bounded with the mi account from the seller. Why did he logged in or bounded your device at all with his mi account before selling it to you? It looks like he messed it up and your device is bounded with his account.
Did you tried a full reset already? If yes maybe you can flash official Chinese ROM with fastboot and then try it from the scratch. Last option or seller has to change phone and have to send you 100% untouched one.
Chinese ROM is not a acceptable solution I would say because system isn't full English.

I bought the phone from a private seller on eBay, who bought it new from wongamobile in Hong Kong. He used the phone for 2 weeks and then presumably could not get on with it and sold it. He told me that he did not know about unlocking the bootloader and never did try to do that. As you say I could flash an official China ROM and start again as a brand new unregistered phone (that is a good idea) but I am OK with how I have set the phone up. I spent a lot of time installing all my apps and deleting all the Chinese ones so it is almost all only English now.

Whatever ROM you flash on to it, you will have to format it. You have no choice due to possible partition differences. So unless you just want to root, without reading the whole post through, unlocking the bootloader is pointless.
If you do flash, then go EU ROM and all your banking apps will work as well as Gpay and notifications. And if you have a Google, your playstore apps will restore ok anyway.

I have tried to flash the official Xiaomi Global ROM for this model but with the locked bootloader it refused to do anything. The only way would be to flash a China ROM onto it and see if it will set up as a brand new phone without any previous Xiaomi account. Even after doing this and assuming it works (with my luck I will brick it), there is no guarantee that I can get it recognised in Mi Unlock. As I said in previous posts I have got Google Play installed and have every single app that I use installed thank goodness. I have been through the phone several times either uninstalling Chinese apps or blocking any notifications for those that cannot be uninstalled. And thank goodness again too I have the UK QWERTY Gboard running so the phone is to all intents and purposes a Western/UK one. I can live with this as the main function of this phone for me is a secondary one to my main OPPO Find Pro, but will be used primarily for photography. As you know the camera in this phone is still in the top ten best ever mobile phone cameras and that will be its role for me. I just have to carry 2 phones when out and about.

Last edited:
On my new China ROM Mi 11 Ultra I have enable Developer Mode. I have enabled OEM unlocking. Enabled USB debugging. Install via USB. USB debugging too. Then in Mi Unlock status I have added my account and device and received confirmation window. When I get into mi flash unlock all I get is this error window. This is getting very complicated for me, I am 70 years old and this is not easy to understand. Any ideas to rectify this gratefully received as I don't want the China ROM!View attachment 46472
Hello my friend. Make an Mi account with VPN in your laptop & set region: USA. Then, download a free VPN app in your phone, set region USA, login to your new account, verify your phone number & add your account in Developer Options - Unlock Status.
After that, repeat the procedure with the Mi Unlock app & will see: "Please retry after 168 hours"
After 7 days, your phone will be unlocked.
Trust me, this is the one & only successful method.