Unable to get miflash unlock to unlock my Mi 11 Ultra

Jan 2, 2022
On my new China ROM Mi 11 Ultra I have enable Developer Mode. I have enabled OEM unlocking. Enabled USB debugging. Install via USB. USB debugging too. Then in Mi Unlock status I have added my account and device and received confirmation window. When I get into mi flash unlock all I get is this error window. This is getting very complicated for me, I am 70 years old and this is not easy to understand. Any ideas to rectify this gratefully received as I don't want the China ROM!
Untitled.jpg

After you have enabled developer options and USB debugging you have to sign in with your mi account in your mobile phone settings and then go back to developer options and find option mi unlock status. Over there you have to request it. Do it only once because doing it again will reset the waiting time again.
After that you have to wait for 7 days (168 hours) and then you can unlock with unlock tool.

Reactions: julesmctrainspotter
Many thanks. I have done exactly as you said, and have requested unlock in the mi unlock status on the phone and had that confirmed. I am writing this on Sunday morning (26th Feb). So I must not connect my phone to the mi flash unlock software on my PC for 7 days? Therefore next Sunday I can connect the phone to the PC and use mi flash tool (same mi account as on phone) and it should then unlock the bootloader? This is a big help if I now know why I was getting the error straight after requesting the unlock on the phone. Xiaomi infer on the phone that you connect to mi flash unlock straight away but that is incorrect, you have to wait 7 days? Much appreciated, not easy doing this as a senior citizen.

Yes the information is not really helpful from Xiaomi because you have to wait for 168 hours.
To answer your question: Yes you have to wait and you don't have to connect to PC before that but you can without any problem and the tool will tell you how many days and hours left waiting.

Curiosity killed the cat they say. Out of interest I connected the phone in Fastboot mode this Sunday afternoon and started mi flash unlock. After signing in with the same account that is on the phone it went through the motions of unlocking the phone. Rather than saying I had to wait 168 hours I got the same inane message "Please add your account......", as per the screenshot above, which I had carefully done this morning on this phone. This is turning into nightmare. First class bar stewards. Is there anyone in Berkshire (England) who can help me out on this I would be very grateful.

I am so fed up to the back teeth with this caper that I bought a new SIM and inserted it and have set up yet another new Xiaomi account. Will leave it overnight and try again in the morning. The UK Xiaomi headquarters are up the road from me in Reading and I am tempted to drive up there and demand to see someone to help with this shambles. The bar stewards really make it difficult.

Calm down and try to relax.
Just follow this tutorial from the scratch and maybe it will just work:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Remove Mi account in your mobile phone and reinstall mi unlock tool. Then start with the tutorial.
I don't think that you will need your new sim card.

EDIT: Just one more thing: It might also be possible that after you started unlocking process in your phone settings you have to wait a little bit. To start it again as i mentioned before and then come back tomorrow and connect your device to your PC and have a look.

Last edited:
I just hooked up the phone to miflash unlock, nearly 24 hours after starting the unlock process on the phone. It went through the motions of trying to unlock as before and then the same inane and load of bollocks message that I started this thread on, "Please add your account......". If it was working properly I should have got the message to come back in 168 hours time. So I am stuffed as no matter what I do with my mi account on the phone the unlock flash tool refuses to accept this.

In Android settings under Xiaomi account you are logged in successfully?
No need of Xiaomi cloud nor find device activated

I can't delete miflash unlock on my pc as it is not an installation, it merely runs when you click the icon. I have just signed out and back in on my phone and got it linked to the phone in the developer options. Tomorrow on another different PC I will try miflash unlock and see what happens although I am not holding out much hope. Known in the trade as "flogging a dead horse".

Reactions: Vag - Zag
From another thread at XDA:

i fix this with these steps:
1.- log out for account from phone
2.- log in again and check the permissions,
3.- go to i.miui.com and click find device
4.- return to unlock status and unlock again

this work for me , good luck

On the phone I signed out, and am now signing back in. I am asked in Xiaomi Cloud if I want Sync on, OK ys, and I have turned off Find device. And agreed to this.

In my Xiaomi account on my PC when I go to Manage Devices there is nothing showing. Should I now turn on find my device on the phone and then go to unlock in developer options?

Maybe really try add another account. I don't have a clue. And read every step carefully. Deactivate wifi and use only mobile connection and so on:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I used an old SIM card connected to an Xiaomi account that I have had for several years. Went through all the motions of requesting unlock, left it 36 hours. I just started the process again and was told yet again to add my account. Catch 22 and the unlock process is a complete farce, I curse the day I wasted £500 on this phone. And I curse Xiaomi too for that matter. Total bar stewards.

Reactions: Evil13
My phone clearly confirms that it is linked to my Xiaomi account. Yet again I am told by mi flash unlock that it is not. Who is right or are they both as stupid as me for buying this phone in the first place?
There are many extremely clever people here on this website to be able to create custom ROMs, can you please kindly and urgently put your creative minds to work as to how to circumvent the utterly useless and total rubbish mi flash unlock and allow honest owners of phones to easily and quickly unlock the bootloader of their Xiaomi devices. This would be an invaluable tool.

Attachments

• IMG20230301181010.jpg
    IMG20230301181010.jpg
    400.3 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:
Reactions: Evil13
Did you put your sim phone number in the mi account?
Please go in settings to mi account and then check linked devices if you can see your mi 11 ultra.