Unable to receive MMS

KnightNZ

Members
Nov 8, 2010
I can receive MMS ok with CyanogenMod, but downloading them fails with MIUI even with the exact same APN settings. Any ideas what else may be affecting this?

I get the notification of the message, but pressing the "Download" button in the MMS app tries to download but fails shortly thereafter.

Are u guys able to send mms? In cm it automatically resizes the images so I can send it, this though doesn't happen in miui and as a result I can't send mms either...

I've noticed that receiving mms is okay on my end, but sending is another story. It could be APN related...hopefully it isn't a huge issue though

i have never been able to send/receive MMSs on android phones, unless i am running a "personal" ROM (personal is my carrier).

sucks...

not miui fault tho :p

Give this a shot if mms is what you want. If you have voice dialer, hit it and say " open apn " , you should be able select apns. At the next screen hit menu and edit. Then enter your carriers info in the proper fields and apn type:mms, menu save, then reboot immediately! I've had to do this with all aosp / cm6 roms and it works flawlessly!

i have never been able to send/receive MMSs on android phones, unless i am running a "personal" ROM (personal is my carrier).

sucks...

not miui fault tho :p

Sent from my HTC Desire CDMA using the miui-dev.com Forums App

Give this a shot if mms is what you want. If you have voice dialer, hit it and say " open apn " , you should be able select apns. At the next screen hit menu and edit. Then enter your carriers info in the proper fields and apn type:mms, menu save, then reboot immediately! I've had to do this with all aosp / cm6 roms and it works flawlessly!

nice shortcut, but i did that manually already, and still the same.

only difference is that on a "personal" ROM, the MNC is detected as "34", and on other roms, its detected as "341" (emulating mcc + mnc to 72234 did not help).

its a mistery.

If you do this shortcut it takes you system deep. You can manually input anything into apn-conf.xml all you want but what you enter in the fields this way overrides that. Also when you go into it you might try and hit menu, then reset to default and see if a name pops up in that field. Seriously dude if you don't try this than you haven't tried every option. I'm in US and most of the aosp find I've run were set up for Sprint, I wouldn't even bother going into the system etc file and change apn info, I would do this route and enter my carriers info and bam !

nice shortcut, but i did that manually already, and still the same.

only difference is that on a "personal" ROM, the MNC is detected as "34", and on other roms, its detected as "341" (emulating mcc + mnc to 72234 did not help).

its a mistery.