Unable to root Mi 9T/K20

MadRocketeer

Members
Dec 13, 2021
Hello
I'm trying to root my Mi9T with the latest weekly MIUI 12. I have Magisk app installed, but no root detected. According to some people on forums, I need to rename magisk .apk to .zip and flash through TWRP. Did that - still no root.
Magisk itself says that the correct way is to patch boot or recovery .img. Magisk app says no Ramdisk, which means I need to patch recovery.img... but the MIUI ROM .zip does not contain this file. What do I do now?

Hello
I'm trying to root my Mi9T with the latest weekly MIUI 12. I have Magisk app installed, but no root detected. According to some people on forums, I need to rename magisk .apk to .zip and flash through TWRP. Did that - still no root.
Magisk itself says that the correct way is to patch boot or recovery .img. Magisk app says no Ramdisk, which means I need to patch recovery.img... but the MIUI ROM .zip does not contain this file. What do I do now?
Root is patched boot.img
Find it in the zip file of your rom (also must be the same version), patch it and then flash it (fastboot) as boot image

Last edited by a moderator: