Unable To Update To 7.3.16 Or 7.3.9

Craven

Members
Mar 25, 2016
Hello,
Iv'e been having issues with updating my Xiaomi Mi4c to 7.3.16 from 7.2.23.
I downloaded xiaomi.eu_multi_MI4c_7.3.16_v8-7.0.zip from androidfilehost and try to update with the Updater app like I always do.
Whenever I do that, it shows a loading screen and then the phone shuts down.
When I start it up and check if it was updated, it seems that nothing happend, and the zip fie was deleted.
I experience a few bugs in 7.2.23 and would like to keep my phone updated.

(In About Phone I see this:
MIUI Version: MIUI 8.3 by xiaomi.eu
7.2.23 | beta)
Thanks in advance for all helpers!

Hello,
Iv'e been having issues with updating my Xiaomi Mi4c to 7.3.16 from 7.2.23.
I downloaded xiaomi.eu_multi_MI4c_7.3.16_v8-7.0.zip from androidfilehost and try to update with the Updater app like I always do.
Whenever I do that, it shows a loading screen and then the phone shuts down.
When I start it up and check if it was updated, it seems that nothing happend, and the zip fie was deleted.
I experience a few bugs in 7.2.23 and would like to keep my phone updated.

(In About Phone I see this:
MIUI Version: MIUI 8.3 by xiaomi.eu
7.2.23 | beta)
Thanks in advance for all helpers!
Unlock and install twrp 7-libra

Inviato dal mio Mi-4c utilizzando Tapatalk

Thank you for your reply.
I'm really bad with this kind if thing and I didn't understand your answer.
Is there a guide to help me ubderstand what to do?

Since the vast majority of the Mi4c s come with unlocked bootloader I don't think it voids your warranty. But installing a custom rom or recovery does indeed voids your warranty.

Trimis de pe al meu Mi-4c folosind Tapatalk

Up. Did you find a solution ?

I might have the same problem.
MI4c, updated multiple times without any problems (download zip > install via zip file > restart > updating > everything automatic, no data loss, etc.) but then I installed MIUI8.3/7.5.25 beta a few months ago.
Since then, I fail to update to the latest ROMS. When I "install via zip file", the phone restarts and the file is deleted ... ??

I'm trying to understand what to do. The phone is obviously unlock , unless I'm clueless about the process. But the latest libras release fail to install ... any advice ?

I didn't do anything but install system updates. Bought it one year ago, global rom I think.
(I still don't fully understand what I was doing, but it worked :) )

EDIT : will these operations wipe my phone memory ?

Last edited:
Still unable to understand what I'm supposed to do.
TWRP_libra_7.0.zip > copied on my phone. Then what ?

I went looking for "unlock bootloader xiaomi mi4c" ... downloaded miflashsetup_eng.msi ... but I need to download the 1.1 go latest global rom from xiaomi ?

I'm way over my head here. And I'm usually ok with complex technology, but the fact that updates just stopped to work is a non sense for me.. and now I should get back (down) to official global rom ?