Unbrick a MiNote 10 Lite

Cosmo_Dookie

Members
Oct 1, 2020
Hi,

I managed to brick my Mi Note 10 Lite in the most retarded way by typing "lock on" into the shell which bricked my phone
IMMEDIATELY, I was sure I could fix it by typing "lock off" into the shell put didnt work out..
Now I have a bricked MiNote10 Lite that is absolutely new (received it 2 weeks ago).

I was searching through this forum to find solutions for unbrick-methods but all I found out is: You need to have a certified Xiaomi-Account,
otherwise you cant use the EDL-unlock-tool.

And: there are "shady"-options, where people will help you by teamviewer-remote to fix your phone, which is definitely not a safe way for me to do..

My question is: Does anyone know different solutions? Is it possible to send bricked smartphones back to xiaomi and pay for legit unbricking-services?

Any reply is appreciated!
Kind regards,
Cosmo

I cant - I cant boot into nothing anymore - when I start the phone all it says:
"The system has been destroyed"

Its EDL-locked - i cant boot into twrp - no factory wipe, at least I wouldnt know how, I cant even use adb - nothing works. Its in "lock on" mode.

Hi,

I managed to brick my Mi Note 10 Lite in the most retarded way by typing "lock on" into the shell which bricked my phone
IMMEDIATELY, I was sure I could fix it by typing "lock off" into the shell put didnt work out..
Now I have a bricked MiNote10 Lite that is absolutely new (received it 2 weeks ago).

I was searching through this forum to find solutions for unbrick-methods but all I found out is: You need to have a certified Xiaomi-Account,
otherwise you cant use the EDL-unlock-tool.

And: there are "shady"-options, where people will help you by teamviewer-remote to fix your phone, which is definitely not a safe way for me to do..

My question is: Does anyone know different solutions? Is it possible to send bricked smartphones back to xiaomi and pay for legit unbricking-services?

Any reply is appreciated!
Kind regards,
Cosmo
Hi, you mention that TWRP is your custom recovery, so that means the bootloader is unlocked. You should flash a stock fastboot rom with Mi Flash tool. Download the rom and extract it (make a folder for it where you can find it), install Mi Flash tool. Put the phone in fastboot mode and connect it to pc. Flash the rom, but be aware that it's set NOT to lock the bootloader. Options on the right bottom side.

You think you will manage?

Good luck,
Alex

Reactions: Cosmo_Dookie
True Alex!

But this is exactly what happened - I locked the bootloader - Phone-Status: System is damaged, turn off by pressing button "X"

It was bricked - I managed to get help from User Angeluss69 - he had a full certified and confirmed Xiaomi-Partner-account, with that account he could flash on EDL-base the new image and everything worked out fine for me - there was absolutely no other solution anymore left (Even Xiaomi-Austria or Germany couldnt help me)..

Even so: Now everything worked out well - thanks to *spam*paid*service*!!

Reactions: Alexiaomi
True Alex!

But this is exactly what happened - I locked the bootloader - Phone-Status: System is damaged, turn off by pressing button "X"

It was bricked - I managed to get help from User Angeluss69 - he had a full certified and confirmed Xiaomi-Partner-account, with that account he could flash on EDL-base the new image and everything worked out fine for me - there was absolutely no other solution anymore left (Even Xiaomi-Austria or Germany couldnt help me)..

Even so: Now everything worked out well - thanks to *spam*paid*service*!!
That's great !!!
Very nice that there are people with authorized Mi account for EDL methode.
Xiaomi should be more helpfull.....

Reactions: Cosmo_Dookie
Absolutely - Xiaomi has such nice products and prices, why do they have to screw it up by this very restrictive zero-restore-policies? Its not necessary, I understand that Xiaomi tries to stop attempts of resellers, who are williing to hijack regular images and change china-versions to global ones, that all make sense to me - BUT DONT DO IT ON COSTS of the customers.

Great brands, great prices, great features - demolished by a hard-regressive policy (which is even kind of reasonable in some aspects, but horrible for Xiaomi-Enthusiasts, who likes to go custom).

Reactions: Alexiaomi
Absolutely - Xiaomi has such nice products and prices, why do they have to screw it up by this very restrictive zero-restore-policies? Its not necessary, I understand that Xiaomi tries to stop attempts of resellers, who are williing to hijack regular images and change china-versions to global ones, that all make sense to me - BUT DONT DO IT ON COSTS of the customers.

Great brands, great prices, great features - demolished by a hard-regressive policy (which is even kind of reasonable in some aspects, but horrible for Xiaomi-Enthusiasts, who likes to go custom).
Well said bro

Well, that's the Mi Flash Tool I was talking about, but useless when bootloader is locked.