Uninstalling Some Of Miui Apps & Making Other Apps Default

Colinovsky

Members
Jul 25, 2017
Hello,

as i said in the topic, I'd like to uninstall some of pre-installed MIUI Apps, like Internet and Calendar, because I just don't like them and I'm using another Apps from Google Apps. Is it possible to do it without installing any stupid App or modifying ROM? If it's not possible to uninstall them completely, is it possible to turn them off or just block, not to let them turn on at all?

Also I'm wondering if it's possible to make some Apps default, like for example, when I'm pressing on the clock widget (on date), it's opening pre-installed Calendar - can I make it to open the Google Calendar instead?

If you guys have any advices, please answer. I hope this thread will not get instantly closed, as another forum about MIUI does.

Without additional apps? No, sorry.
But you can remove apps with "System app remover (ROOT)", which obviously needs root access.

To change defaults:
Settings > Installed Apps > Default apps
If the settings don't change to your likings, than you also have to find another app for that. But I couldn't find one on quick notice that keeps on working after reboot. If that doesn't bother you, than this one can be interesting from the looks of it: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appiator.defaultappmanager&hl=nl
Do note that some MIUI apps might be hardcoded to only use other software from MIUI, so for some things you are stuck with it (for instance the default search bar in the notification menu). You can however hide a lot of stuff with custom launchers like NovaLauncher.