unlock by Xiaomi Community

tangcenwu

Members
Oct 20, 2020
微信图片_20240201102245.jpg

Can anyone test this?

Are u using a Chinese device? Someone said in China xiaomi community that it will check the rom and the account. Only if both your rom and account aren't Chinese then you can bind you device and unlock. But I haven't confirmed it yet. Most people here tested are using Chinese device with Chinese account.

Are u using a Chinese device? Someone said in China xiaomi community that it will check the rom and the account. Only if both your rom and account aren't Chinese then you can bind you device and unlock. But I haven't confirmed it yet. Most people here tested are using Chinese device with Chinese account.
I have just gotten the unlocking message via the Community app - the trick is to try immediately after 00:00 China time.

But I still cannot "Add account and device" in Developer Options / Mi Unlock status - they tell me I should try via Community app, but the latter now says I have been granted the unlock until 2025.

I'll try the unlock tool directly, but the Community app told me I should wait 72h before that.

Same here with 14 pro. At 6pm GMT+1 I set up a reminder and I got instantly access granted until 2025. Can't bind the phone in the BL menue at developer settings.

So it is either waiting 72h from today or something else. Hopefully someone can confirm it works that way.

I think this procedure only works under the following conditions:
> Mi Account established outside of China
> Global device only !
It is also stated in the application.

Attachments

• photo_2024-02-01_15-27-26.jpg
    photo_2024-02-01_15-27-26.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 502
Last edited:
Reactions: newgolfer and Panas
There aren't global 14 Pro devices. Translated in other languages it might say that only devices outside of China can be unlocked, not global devices. Otherwise it would already say the device isn't eligible.

You can't unlock Chinese devices versions with Global Xiaomi Community permissions. Already tried to do it with one Xiaomi 14, we had 72h of waiting, and then next day prompt "Couldn't unlock. Please go to Mi Community to apply for authorization and try again".

China devices = China Xiaomi Community, Global devices = Global Xiaomi Community.

Only Xiaomi accounts registered outside Mainland China can apply for the unlocking privileges. This feature is only available for non-Mainland China devices.
So, if i buy a device in mainland China (so it's Chinese version, not Global), but bring it and use it in Europe - can i unlock it or not?

No. A Chinese device is still a Chinese device no matter where it is located. A Chinese device with HyperOS cannot be unlocked with a global account.
China devices = China Xiaomi Community, Global devices = Global Xiaomi Community.

No. A Chinese device is still a Chinese device no matter where it is located. A Chinese device with HyperOS cannot be unlocked with a global account.

So why did the Community App pretend to unlock it?

Any news, good or bad?
No and on X they are so bad as customer service.
And like gogocart said, Chinese phone Chinese community and global phone global community.
I already got permission granted at micommunity app but unfortunately won't let me unlock the phone. I asked at Xiaomi directly in X and they told me ask to your vendor not our problem.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-02-09-12-20-11-069_com.mi.global.bbs.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-02-09-12-20-11-069_com.mi.global.bbs.jpg
    483.2 KB · Views: 207
  • Screenshot_2024-02-09-12-32-03-369_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-02-09-12-32-03-369_com.android.settings.jpg
    1,016.6 KB · Views: 205
HI,
what to do if the unlock bootloader option is not visible in the app?
It's a European phone with a European account.

Wow, so bad news for the people like me who have the 14Pro chinesse... :`) i cant unlock the phone BL. so what paid service you recommend to unlock it? actually which one is the most cheapest... i saw some people are trying to sell this service more than 100 dollars... ridiculous.

People say they tried ncunlock successfully but as you said, it's $80 so I am not doing it for sure :D