Unlock Not Working

Alexiaomi

Members
Oct 28, 2014
Hello,

I have a Mi5 and want to unlock it. Device is bounded to Mi account and in fastboot mode. When connected to pc and using Mi unlocktool device is not connected according to tool.
Updated the device and in developper settings is "allow bootloader oem unlock". But i get this message:
PS C:\Mi5> adb reboot bootloader
PS C:\Mi5> fastboot oem unlock-go
FAILED (remote: Token verification failed, reboot the device)

Cannot unlock device now, but want to install twrp and eu rom. Device is running on MIUI Global 9.5 Stable 9.5.2.0 (NAAMIFA). It has no updater app anymore???

Any suggestions how to unlock Mi5?

Thanks

Can someone help me out please?

Mi5 is locked. Want to unlock.
Fastboot oem unlock not working, even when i allow bootloader to be unlocked in developpers settings.
Mi unlock tool says: "no device connected", but device in fastboot and connected.
Mi flash not possible, because bootloader is locked.
QFIL not working, device cannot get in edl mode.

What to do?

Odd: PC recognizes Mi5 and adb fastboot works. Mi Unlock Tool and Mi PC Suite don't recognizes MI5.

What should i do?

Last edited:
The only way left for you is to use test point and deep flash the phone! well, you have to say goodbye to your data and everything!
For good guidance go through below link:
https://c.mi.com/thread-387857-1-1.html
Thank you for help.

The Mi5 is not bricked or dead. Testpoint method does not work, nothing happens.
Bootloader is locked, so is it even possible to flash with Mi Flash or QFIL? I don't think so. Mi Flash gives error, because of locked bootloader.
Do you know what the message "token verification failed" means?
I also don't understand why Mi Unlock Tool gives message "no device connected", while Mi5 is in fastboot mode, registered in Mi account and connected wit pc. It should be recognized this way. PC recognizes Mi5 when it's on and connected, so it's not the usb cable or port.

Any suggestions?

[QUOTE="

Any suggestions?[/QUOTE]
It's not possible dude, the test point works, and if it doesn't shows that something is wrong with your phone! Testpoint is a hardware feature and it will surly work! be sure to do it right!
You have no choice but to use testpoint method!

Hello,

I have a Mi5 and want to unlock it. Device is bounded to Mi account and in fastboot mode. When connected to pc and using Mi unlocktool device is not connected according to tool.
Updated the device and in developper settings is "allow bootloader oem unlock". But i get this message:
PS C:\Mi5> adb reboot bootloader
PS C:\Mi5> fastboot oem unlock-go
FAILED (remote: Token verification failed, reboot the device)

Cannot unlock device now, but want to install twrp and eu rom. Device is running on MIUI Global 9.5 Stable 9.5.2.0 (NAAMIFA). It has no updater app anymore???

Any suggestions how to unlock Mi5?

Thanks
If you just want to unlock device, then first thing first is to flash a Dev ROM it's very important, just a Dev Rom, flash it with MiFlash or through Testpoint, then in developer option go to unlock and click the "Unlock Device"(After bound the mi account to the phone), after that wait for 3 days and then use the Mi Unlock tool while device is in Fastboot Mode, before that get sure that the proper driver is installed !!!!

Goodmorning, i succeeded to unlock (appearantly) with Mi Unlock Tool. Don't have to wait 3 days, because i have permission with my Mi account right away. This time.
But i overlooked the simple solution. I put the Mi Unlock Tool in a folder in C:
Before it was still in folder Download with a link to my dashboard. That did not work. In folder in C: it worked immediately.

But after unlocking i flashed latest china stable fastboot rom with Mi Flash and after reboot it says it's locked and i have to activate Mi account. Keyboard does not work, so not possible to activate.
Tonight i will flash latest China dev fastboot rom.

I don't know why but testpoint did not work.

I will let you know.

Last edited:
Finished this morning. Flashed rom again. Had to login at Mi account to bound device on wifi first (never had this before). Then device started up and could be set.
So, tonight install twrp and flash eu rom. Done.

Last edited:
Z2 pro won't need test point
Prepare ROM and QFIL,
install drivers, and Then:
- Unpack rom, load in QFIL, be ready to flash
- Open device manager
- Hold volume UP key + Insert usb cable
- Still Hold volume UP, and now also press power on key, don't let go
- watch in device manager, in one moment, it will appear Port 9008
- Immediately start flash process

or

- hold BOTH volume keys, insert cable,
- still hold both volume keys, now press and hold power on, hold
- wait until ADB device appears,
- from fastboot, issue command: fastboot -i 0x2b4c oem reboot-edl
- port 9008 should appear
- flash device with qfil

Hopefully will be done without issues

Reactions: Alexiaomi
Z2 pro won't need test point
Prepare ROM and QFIL,
install drivers, and Then:
- Unpack rom, load in QFIL, be ready to flash
- Open device manager
- Hold volume UP key + Insert usb cable
- Still Hold volume UP, and now also press power on key, don't let go
- watch in device manager, in one moment, it will appear Port 9008
- Immediately start flash process

or

- hold BOTH volume keys, insert cable,
- still hold both volume keys, now press and hold power on, hold
- wait until ADB device appears,
- from fastboot, issue command: fastboot -i 0x2b4c oem reboot-edl
- port 9008 should appear
- flash device with qfil

Hopefully will be done without issues
Thank you very much. I will follow your instructions. Hopefully i will get it done. On the other hand i think the battery sucks. Is a replacement and i heard it's bad battery. So i ordered a good one (someine tested as good and adviced me). But without battery this instructions can work? Flashing without power? The phone is just dead.