Unlock_hyperOS_ Global devices

gogocar62

XM12 Tester
Apr 22, 2021
Requirements:
- You have a Global Device
- Inserted SIM in the device
- First, make sure your Xiaomi account is older than 30 days.
- You can only unlock the bootloader of 3 devices per year using your account.

download/install Xiaomi Community 5.3.31. video: https://streamable.com/7bqv4q
> change the area in the application to Global
> log in to your Xiaomi account
> click on Unlock bootloader
> click Apply for unlocking
If you see that the application limit quota has been reached, you need to wait until it resets at 00:00h China time and then click again on ( Apply for unlocking )
Bez názvu.png
  • If you have received permission, log out of your Mi account on your mobile phone and turn off WiFI (Logout from the device, I'm not talking about the Mi community app)
  • restart the mobile and turn on mobile data
  • Go to Settings » About phone » HyperOS version.
  • Tap repeatedly on the HyperOS version until you see the pop-up You are now a developer!
  • Go back to Settings, click on Additional settings, then Developer options.
  • Enable OEM unlocking and USB debugging.
  • Bind your Xiaomi account to your phone. Tap Mi Unlock status » Agree » Add account and device. Make sure your device can connect to the internet using mobile data.
  • Once the account is successfully bound, you should get a message Added successfully. Mi account is associated with this device now.
  • Proceed to unlock bootloader.
0949e1d4a470cbc5077253b63b6e596e.jpg
The countdown has started (usually 72h). Now do not touch the MI account on the device in any way !!
- If you have timed out, continue with the steps:
Step 1.
Run the Mi Unlock app on PC and sign in with your Mi account;
Step 2. Shut down your phone manually, and hold Volume down key and Power button to enter Fastboot mode;
Step 3. Connect your phone to PC using USB cable and click "Unlock". (All user data will be deleted)

Last edited:
Important to notice is that we cannot do that process here in Europe with devices which were bought in China.

Read the title of this thread carefully again!
It is irrelevant where the device is purchased. The decisive factor is whether it is a Global device or a Chinese device.

Thats what I actually meant but yeah you are right. I didnt read your title tbh. Anyway good hint for thode with newer devices.

Reactions: Tony99
You are saying this works directly on the phone? No pc and no mi unlock tool required?

This will unlock the Bootloader?

( 14 Ultra global)

Regards

Sent from my Mi 11 Ultra.

Just found your all in one guide, so the question that remains, is the ultra already supported ( twrp and rom) ?

Sent from my Mi 11 Ultra.

I don't understand why you decided to pollute the thread. There are a lot of threads on this site for unlocking Chinese devices.
If you have nothing to say about the issue at hand in this particular thread, please refrain from commenting.

Hello,
In Mi Unlock status option I can't add account and decive no matter what I do. I get message please go to MI commmunity for authorization ... USB debugging is ON, OEM unlocking is ON, using only mobile data ... I've tried all tips I could find online and I'm wihtout idea because without that i can't unlock the boolader ...

No information no help.
What device do you have? Is it the Global version? Did you really follow the instructions exactly?

Sorry, I forgot ... I'ts Redmi K60 with Xiaomi HyperOS ver. 1.0.6.0.UMNCNXM. In MI commmunity app unlock bootloader status is granted to unlock untill 24/03/2025.

• Angry
Reactions: MeiGuddet
Good. You have a Chinese version of the device.
Re-read the thread title and "requirements" in the first post.

PS:
Why do so many people ignore the instructions in the manuals and then wonder why it doesn't work?

So for china rom is not possible to add account in mi unlock status. Is there a workaround for this, since this is only requirement that I don't meet for unlock bootloader procedure.

My case:
Xiaomi 14 Jade Green 12GB RAM 512GB ROM, official international version.
HyperOs 1.0.16.0.UNCEUXM
SIM inserted, wifi disconnected, and acces to internet granted.
Xiaomi account older than 10 years.
Xiaomi Community 5.3.33 app.
Area in the app changed to Global.
Logged into my account: LV4 Semi Pro Bunny.
The option to Apply for unlocking is missing on my app. So, I cannot continue...

On the other way, Ihave installed MiFlashUnlock-en-6.5.224.28, but it's stucked on 99%.
OEM unlocking and USB debugging enabled. But if I try to unlock, i get a message telling that I need to ask for permission on the app, but this seems not to be possible.

Any helpful idea?

maherran

Try:
- Sign out of the Mi comunnyïty app
- Clear Mi community app data > uninstall the app.
- Restart the device
- Install the Mi comunnity app from the guide
. Follow the instructions of the wizard

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Eclipse1991

maherran

Try:
- Sign out of the Mi comunnyïty app
- Clear Mi community app data > uninstall the app.
- Restart the device
- Install the Mi comunnity app from the guide
. Follow the instructions of the wizard
That was great!
Thanks a lot.

The only thing missing is the fact that a I have to wait 72 hours to unlock. Or at least this is the message I get when I run Mi Unlock.
The exact message is: Please unlock 72 hours later. And do not add your account in MIUI again, otherwise you will wait form scratch.
This was exactly what you mentioned in your post, so I'll wait.

Last edited: