Unlocking Account verification

Henning

Members
Oct 30, 2013
Hi, we are trying to unlock an Mi 11 Lite 5G. Everything is setup on the phone accordingly. When I try to log with the Unlocking tool from Xiaomi it all stops with the verification via sms . I never get any message back. If however I log in to the relevant Mi account the sms verification works within seconds.
Anybody has an idea what is going on ? The version of the Unlocktool is 7.6.xxxx
Tks

Hi, we are trying to unlock an Mi 11 Lite 5G. Everything is setup on the phone accordingly. When I try to log with the Unlocking tool from Xiaomi it all stops with the verification via sms . I never get any message back. If however I log in to the relevant Mi account the sms verification works within seconds.
Anybody has an idea what is going on ? The version of the Unlocktool is 7.6.xxxx
Tks
When logging in, click the little qr code button in the corner and scan it with your phone. After that turn off the phone and unlock it.

Reactions: Anthony2580
When logging in, click the little qr code button in the corner and scan it with your phone. After that turn off the phone and unlock it.
Can you help me with that? I'm not receiving the code either. Do you mean to turn off the phone and then turn it back on and unlock it? I never receive the SMS code.

Can you help me with that? I'm not receiving the code either. Do you mean to turn off the phone and then turn it back on and unlock it? I never receive the SMS code.
Turn the phone on, do what I said, turn it off and turn on fastboot

Turn the phone on, do what I said, turn it off and turn on fastboot
It didn't work, I already tried. But I think I know why. The first time I created my MI account it accepted my phone number without issues and sent me the verification code through email, then I went to the tool and tried but never received the verification code through SMS after that I deleted my account and created a new one with the same credentials but this time it didn't register my phone number and it's been that way since then. I also created another one and it didn't accept it either. And now when I try to link my cellphone to my SIM in Developer options -> MI unlock. It just says "try later". Maybe if I had done it when my account had the phone number linked maybe it would have helped, but now it doesn't register my cellphone.

How do I register my cellphone number again to my account. It doesn't accept it and I've tried everything.

It didn't work, I already tried. But I think I know why. The first time I created my MI account it accepted my phone number without issues and sent me the verification code through email, then I went to the tool and tried but never received the verification code through SMS after that I deleted my account and created a new one with the same credentials but this time it didn't register my phone number and it's been that way since then. I also created another one and it didn't accept it either. And now when I try to link my cellphone to my SIM in Developer options -> MI unlock. It just says "try later". Maybe if I had done it when my account had the phone number linked maybe it would have helped, but now it doesn't register my cellphone.

How do I register my cellphone number again to my account. It doesn't accept it and I've tried everything.
If you don't know the password to the old Mi account, your only option is to buy a new prepaid SIM card (they aren't expensive), put it in the phone, register the number to your current account, go to developer settings, Mi Unlock and register there as well, wait 7/14 days (depends on what it asks you) and try unlocking the bootloader again.

While waiting 7/14 days, DO NOT take the SIM card out or sign the account off the phone

If you don't know the password to the old Mi account, your only option is to buy a new prepaid SIM card (they aren't expensive), put it in the phone, register the number to your current account, go to developer settings, Mi Unlock and register there as well, wait 7/14 days (depends on what it asks you) and try unlocking the bootloader again.

While waiting 7/14 days, DO NOT take the SIM card out or sign the account off the phone

It's not that I don't know the password. I deleted that account and created one with the same credentials. But in this case, I'm not able to enter my phone number in it.