Unlocking bootloader on Mipad 4 Plus LTE

dorkshoei

Members
Jun 5, 2023
I have the LTE (and Wifi) version of the Mipad4 Plus. I bought it from AliExpress unlocked.

I was running Lineage. I had a hardware issue and while trying to solve it I managed to erase the partition containing the binary blob data and so it kept bootlooping.

I managed to reflash the original Xiaomi ROM using the Xiaomi flash tool without realizing this would RELOCK the bootloader.

Because it is the LTE version, it seems to insist on using mobile data (LTE) to perform the unlocking. However, I am in the USA and to my knowledge no current carrier supports the bands. AT&T used to but they are basically defunct at this point in time.

Is there any other way to unlock this?

You need to connect a Mi Account, wait 168h (maybe? idk if it's on that model), go into fastboot mode and unlock via Mi Unlock. The tablet shouldn't connect to internet as far as I know.

@Xandar

I can't connect my Mi Account. If I try, it reports that it cannot verify the device and to try again later. I think I may have an issue with my persist partition but I cannot reflash it because the bootloader is locked.

If I try to use the MiUnlock tool (v6.5.406.31) it reports (device in Fastboot mode):
Code:
Couldn't unlock.  Please add your account in MIUI Settings -> Developer options -> Mi Unlock Status"

If I try to do the above I get a page that shows the following message:

Code:
This device is locked.  This phone is secured
I understand the risks but still want to unlock my device
1. Make sure you've already installed a SIM card into your device
2. Turn off WLAN and turn on mobile data.  Make sure your device can connect to the internet using mobile data.
3, Tap "add account" below to associate your Mi accoint with this device.
4. Download the unlock tool from our website

This matches my understanding, that the LTE version of the MiPad 4 Plus requires I use LTE (not wifi) to unlock.

Of course this is not possible in the USA because no carriers support the bands that the MiPad 4 plus uses.

@Xandar

I can't connect my Mi Account. If I try, it reports that it cannot verify the device and to try again later. I think I may have an issue with my persist partition but I cannot reflash it because the bootloader is locked.

If I try to use the MiUnlock tool (v6.5.406.31) it reports (device in Fastboot mode):
Code:
Couldn't unlock.  Please add your account in MIUI Settings -> Developer options -> Mi Unlock Status"

If I try to do the above I get a page that shows the following message:

Code:
This device is locked.  This phone is secured
I understand the risks but still want to unlock my device
1. Make sure you've already installed a SIM card into your device
2. Turn off WLAN and turn on mobile data.  Make sure your device can connect to the internet using mobile data.
3, Tap "add account" below to associate your Mi accoint with this device.
4. Download the unlock tool from our website

This matches my understanding, that the LTE version of the MiPad 4 Plus requires I use LTE (not wifi) to unlock.

Of course this is not possible in the USA because no carriers support the bands that the MiPad 4 plus uses.
Well then you are out of luck, I guess your only option is to travel overseas

Hello I have mi pad4 plus I just hard reset it and now it has no google services and play store. Is there any way to install it again ? All tutorials I found are using miui.com/forum.php which is not working any more

Do you have any other solution?