Unlocking The Wife's Phone

k31k0

Members
Jan 23, 2016
Hi!

Did anyone try to unlock two phones with one permission? I have received the unlock permission SMS for my phone but I would like to unlock my wife's Redmi 3 too. It arrived 5 days ago and I can't request the unlock permission because the miui.com web site is giving me some errors.

You have to wait for a 30 days to unlock another phone with the same account.

30 days? Oh no!
Unlocked a rn3 on mine 26 days ago...
I thought I read some people were unlocking without any permission as well.
Was going to do my r3 today as well.

Sent from my Redmi 3 using Tapatalk

I will unock mine and then try to unlock wife's Redmi 3. I hope all goes well :)

Poslano sa mog Redmi 3 koristeći Tapatalk

My phone has Xiaomi.eu ROM installed on it (the version before developer ROM was released) and I can't unlock the phone with that ROM. When I try to install the Developer or Stable ROM trough Updater App it crashes every time.
Now I'm downloading the Fastboot image and I hope it will install.

EDIT: No luck. I can't flash it in the fastboot mode because I'm getting error that my device is locked. I don't know what to do next... Does anyone have any advice?

Last edited:
OK, I flashed the version 7.1.3 stable with MiFlash in download mode. Then I updated to the official Developer ROM and successfully unlocked the phone :)
Now I need to install the Xiaomi.eu TWRP. On the Download ROM page it says only "Install TWRP zip via Updater app, then install our ROM". How do I do it? Copy the TWRP_ido.zip file to the phone, open the Updater app and flash it like it's a ROM?

OK... I found this thread which explains how to install TWRP, but it doesn't work. I follow every step and everything goes well until I reboot the phone - it boots into normal Xiaomi recovery, not TWRP. I don't know what to do...

OK, as I wrote in another thread... I feel really stupid because I thought that TWRP should show up immediately after pressing the vol-up plus power buttons. I didn't know that I need to touch the Recovery.

Poslano sa mog Redmi 3 koristeći Tapatalk

Reactions: qbert
OK... I found this thread which explains how to install TWRP, but it doesn't work. I follow every step and everything goes well until I reboot the phone - it boots into normal Xiaomi recovery, not TWRP. I don't know what to do...
Rename twrp-xxx.zip to update.zip and put that file on internal storage and flash it with updater or flashify.apk and you have it. The twrp is recovery
Sretno and good luck

Redmi Note 2 P - Tapatalk