Invalid Unreadable text with dark mode

TzXtetriC

Members
May 5, 2019
There are some parts where you cant see whats written when you activate dark mode because the text is dark gray instead of white.
Floating notifications
About phone screen

There are some parts where you cant see whats written when you activate dark mode because the text is dark gray instead of white.
Floating notifications
About phone screen
No issue here... Maybe send some screenshots of the issue (and for which device) - Anyway Dark mode doesn't use White on Black, it is a grey colour... Nothing wrong with that.

No issue here... Maybe send some screenshots of the issue (and for which device) - Anyway Dark mode doesn't use White on Black, it is a grey colour... Nothing wrong with that.

Mi 8

Here you don't see much, but some applications have notifications with the text in dark gray on a black background. This makes them unreadable in some cases. Here you don't notice much, but you can see it below the text "Google" on the second notification.

Or this screenshot:

As you can see, you can't read the email Subject.
It's almost a black text on a black background.

Mi 8

View attachment 24588
Here you don't see much, but some applications have notifications with the text in dark gray on a black background. This makes them unreadable in some cases. Here you don't notice much, but you can see it below the text "Google" on the second notification.

Or this screenshot:
View attachment 24589
As you can see, you can't read the email Subject.
It's almost a black text on a black background.
Change your theme. test it with standard theme first and come back if issue persist.

This is known. That's how it's designed officially at the moment. Dark mode is still in development by Xiaomi, and as said in the sticky thread - there's no point in reporting us bugs regarding Dark mode.

I suppose the debate is wether or not white text or light grey is more appealing to the eye... the general consensus seems to be more leaning toward light grey...

Change theme or make own is the only way to cater for this :cool:

I suppose the debate is wether or not white text or light grey is more appealing to the eye... the general consensus seems to be more leaning toward light grey...

Change theme or make own is the only way to cater for this :cool:
Now i can't even read "Answer" and "Mark as read" on most of the notifications

So don't use night/dark mode if you don't like it's behaviour at the moment.
And don't report issues with night/dark mode. It's clearly stated in the sticky thread.

So don't use night/dark mode if you don't like it's behaviour at the moment.
And don't report issues with night/dark mode. It's clearly stated in the sticky thread.
Why shouldn't i report issues? If people don't report, they will never get fixed.

Why shouldn't i report issues? If people don't report, they will never get fixed.
Because it's an unfinished feature that's in development by Xiaomi. There's a good reason we placed it in Developer options.
We don't touch it. If you got any complains on how dark mode looks, you may report directly to Xiaomi.

You report your issue. It has been already reported, commented, and explained here at best.
CONCLUSION:
This is not related to EU rom, so report your claim to XIAOMI CHINA in order they take in account what you are suffered so much.