Update And Twrp Not Working

1ce8reaker

Members
Oct 3, 2017
Hi everyone,
I've tried to update my son's mi 5c with the xiaomi updater. It show that I've the miui 9 (7.8.31) and when I search for updates a changelog appears (7.9.14). I've successfully downloaded a 898 mb file but when the phone reboot in recovery mode for the installation nothing happened and the only thing that I can do is power off the phone pressing the power button because twrp not responding (touch don't work).

Hi everyone,
I've tried to update my son's mi 5c with the xiaomi updater. It show that I've the miui 9 (7.8.31) and when I search for updates a changelog appears (7.9.14). I've successfully downloaded a 898 mb file but when the phone reboot in recovery mode for the installation nothing happened and the only thing that I can do is power off the phone pressing the power button because twrp not responding (touch don't work).
Press volume down + power inside of twrp, this fixes touch.

Reactions: nickname5000
Press volume down + power inside of twrp, this fixes touch.
Yep that's the only workaround known as of now. MIUI9 changes to drivers an kernel might have broken something during the boot process. We should ask @ingbrzy if someone of the xiaomi.eu team has some spare to compile an updated TWRP for us Mi 5c users (3.1.1 based would be great :) ). Anyway we should already be thankful, the team has done an amazing job, otherwise the only TWRP we'd have is the one built by 7to.cn which isn't really working that well...

I got the same error with latest weekly. If you download from site and copy to phone, it works fine.

Reactions: 1ce8reaker