Update from 11.0.7.0 PFGCNXM to 11.0.2.0 QFGCNXM with TWRP 3.3.1?

Wemkon

Members
Dec 9, 2016
Hi there,

my Lavender is running on stable 11.0.7.0 PFGCNXM. I also have installed TWRP 3.3.1 as recovery. Can I update to stable 11.0.2.0 QFGCNXM with this recovery or will I have to install Orangefox-recovery before?

I read about encryption issues, but I did not understand, what kind of problems occur with the old recovery. Any hint of what I should do?

In the past I removed encryption before each ROM-update, flashed the new ROM and Magisk and afterwards I enabled encryption again. Would this work with stable 11.0.2.0 QFGCNXM too?

Thank you.

I recommend you to install the latest ORANGE FOX RECOVERY for any kind of miui rom...it has the full suppport of updates and never putting the device on trouble....twrp is not the great deal for xiaomi devices...it does not support android 10 installs and zip flashes as well...
Encryption issues happens in two major cases: upgrading from android version to an upper android version (e g from 9 to 10) wich requires data format ...and the second case is when u rollback to a previous android version in the case when u keep the data with no format....which is an android security shield.....!

Thank you.
What would be the best step by step way to update? Is there a manual in the forum which works?

Thank you.
What would be the best step by step way to update? Is there a manual in the forum which works?

Yeah for tge first installation from global rom to eu rom, there is the simple manual ....but when it comes to updates.....we download the rom from the server not from updater app..and you flash it through orange fox recovery... that's it... without any data format...!,

Yeah for tge first installation from global rom to eu rom, there is the simple manual ....but when it comes to updates.....we download the rom from the server not from updater app..and you flash it through orange fox recovery... that's it... without any data format...!,

But when updating from Android 9 to 10 I have to format data?