Update From Weekly To Stable?

Ayrus

Members
Jun 26, 2016
Hello guys, i'm pretty new to this flashing stuff.
Im sorry in advance, if my question is already asked and answered (But i couldn't find an answer to my question yet, thats why i'm asking now)

First of all, i am the owner of a Redmi Note 2 Prime with MIUI 7 by xiaomi.eu 5.10.16 (weeky?) / Beta with Android Version 5.0.2 LRX22B.
I didn't flash anything, just got it like it is from Gearbest.

Since i was reading a bit about Custom Roms and/or xiaomi.eu- i found out that my Phone is not running on the latest (stable) version.

I would like to update my phone, and since this updater is pretty useless doing it itself, im looking for a decent (almost bugfree and batteryefficient, with security app and root, rom from xiaomi.eu).

My Questions:
Can I update from my version to ANY of xiaomi.eu with updater-app- once i got the rom?
Does every Rom support German language?
What is the best stable rom you would say i should use? (with the criteria i mentioned)
Where can i find the Changelog? what have been the major changes from 5.10.16 - (what is up to date now?) 7.2.2 ?
Would you suggest to flash a new Rom?

I know some of these Question have been asked in other Forums as well, but thats not of my cup of tea since im interested in the xiaomi.eu roms - because of the translation and/or the features.

With kind regards,
and thanks in advance,

Ayrus

Hello guys, i'm pretty new to this flashing stuff.
Im sorry in advance, if my question is already asked and answered (But i couldn't find an answer to my question yet, thats why i'm asking now)

First of all, i am the owner of a Redmi Note 2 Prime with MIUI 7 by xiaomi.eu 5.10.16 (weeky?) / Beta with Android Version 5.0.2 LRX22B.
I didn't flash anything, just got it like it is from Gearbest.

Since i was reading a bit about Custom Roms and/or xiaomi.eu- i found out that my Phone is not running on the latest (stable) version.

I would like to update my phone, and since this updater is pretty useless doing it itself, im looking for a decent (almost bugfree and batteryefficient, with security app and root, rom from xiaomi.eu).

My Questions:
Can I update from my version to ANY of xiaomi.eu with updater-app- once i got the rom?
Does every Rom support German language?
What is the best stable rom you would say i should use? (with the criteria i mentioned)
Where can i find the Changelog? what have been the major changes from 5.10.16 - (what is up to date now?) 7.2.2 ?
Would you suggest to flash a new Rom?

I know some of these Question have been asked in other Forums as well, but thats not of my cup of tea since im interested in the xiaomi.eu roms - because of the translation and/or the features.

With kind regards,
and thanks in advance,

Ayrus
You can find the latest Weekly and Stable ROM from latests sticky weekly rom release post: https://xiaomi.eu/community/index.php?threads/32335/

Just follow the install instructions in the post link above.

Almost every time the latest stable rom is the most bugfree and battery efficient. I would go with the latest stable build.

All eu roms have the same languages.

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I Updated to the latest stable Version and I am very confident now!
But I did not find any patchnotes yet, just the xml-notes. Are there any else?

Thanks guys. I Updated to the latest stable Version and I am very confident now!
But I did not find any patchnotes yet, just the xml-notes. Are there any else?
There is a link to stable changelog right below the stable rom download link.

Here you go: http://www.miuios.cz/viewtopic.php?t=9072

Latests stable changelog is the last post in there.

It's possible to save and later restore user data?
You can make backup with twrp, or if you want single apps data and other data, then titanium backup app is the solution

You can make backup with twrp, or if you want single apps data and other data, then titanium backup app is the solution

Ok, so can you confirm me right steps?

1) reboot in TWRP and backup DATA (SYSTEM and BOOT also for sure) to micro sd
2) advanced wipe everything except sd
3) install stable (downgrading from weekly)
4) reboot
5) skip inizial config
6) reboot into TWRP
7) restore DATA
8) reboot
9) enjoy :)

It's allright?

P.S.: my device is RN3 Pro (Snap 650), not RN2... I hope It's the same

Thanks!

Ok, so can you confirm me right steps?

1) reboot in TWRP and backup DATA (SYSTEM and BOOT also for sure) to micro sd
2) advanced wipe everything except sd
3) install stable (downgrading from weekly)
4) reboot
5) skip inizial config
6) reboot into TWRP
7) restore DATA
8) reboot
9) enjoy :)

It's allright?

P.S.: my device is RN3 Pro (Snap 650), not RN2... I hope It's the same

Thanks!

Doesn't work.

All seems right, but, after a couple of hours, device reboot itself ad rebuild all system, as I wipe cache to install new rom.

Then, all works well for a while, and then reboot and rebuild again...

For me, it worked with an Mi-cloud backup - with private stuff stored and recovered from SD card additionally afterwards.

Did you consider using titanium backup?
I use titanium backup for app data and it just works. I would suggest using it too. :)

Easy to recover apps and data if you do a full wipe.

Miui backup better
Yes, I agree.
I tried and it has done one-click backup and restore on micro sd.
Everything backupped and restored, including accounts, apps, settings, layout, folders, and so on.
I have to manually re-insert only screen lock password and fingerprints.
Almost perfect :cool:

Mi cloud fabulous.
Make real-time backup before proceeding, manually check all the data to be retrieved. You not including data, can export folders on PC and restore it later

MIUI Backup is definitely better for MIUI system. Titanium maybe it's good for other systems , but not MIUI

I always use MIUI Backup but not on Cloud , on local storage. I don't see why it's good for Cloud store..beside "delete prevention" of course :)

MIUI Backup is definitely better for MIUI system. Titanium maybe it's good for other systems , but not MIUI

I always use MIUI Backup but not on Cloud , on local storage. I don't see why it's good for Cloud store..beside "delete prevention" of course :)
Miui backup is nice indeed also. :)

Reactions: Stefano131270