New Updater bug 9.8.22

This is log 9.8.29, device santoni (Redmi 4x).
On Mipad4 and Mi8 lite everything is fine.
Screenshot_2019-08-31-15-40-20-105_com.miui.bugreport.jpg

Edit
When I cleaned data from Updater app same thing happened on Mi 8 lite...
On Mipad4 still works ok.

Last edited:
Reactions: ZduneX25
@ZduneX25 I forgot to say one thing.
When I tap "what's new?"
Screen becomes black for 5-6sec then come back to updater screen and says "no info available"
Is this ok? Or still OTA won't work?

[Flashed your hotfix. Updater version is 8.7
Running 10.3.17 on K20 Pro]

@ZduneX25
I installed OTA FIX STILL 8.7
THEN
i installed 9.8.29 update
Now all work fine and updater is 8.9
And work successful

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

@kuzu115 could you check updater app version if 8.7 or 8.8 it is the same server issue i have been working to fix in 8.9 (looks like it)
@safin.ahmed17 if black screen entering whats new, then ota will still not work = old updater version

I shared flashable hotfix (that is removed now), but turns out that not all twrp's replaces file properly I am trying to figure something out.

Sadly hotfix 2 still doesn't works
Still updater app version 8.7
Turns out black in "what's new?" page

Device: K20 Pro
TWRP: 3.3.1-2 by mauronofrio

BTW mauronofrio released another twrp 3.3.1-9. So I'm thinking about changing the recovery and give a shot again. So if I flash 3.3.1-9 using fastboot method do I need to perform "format data" after booting into 3.3.1-9??

Last edited:
I cannot help then, you see it works for others. Seems that you will have to install next stable manually.

You could try to replace apk using FileManager built-in TWRP (copy > paste > overwrite), are you familiar with this feature?

You could try to replace apk using FileManager built-in TWRP (copy > paste > overwrite), are you familiar with this feature?
Never done something like this before. But I could get familiar if you show me any "how to / tutorial"

Last edited:
Hi!
Today I tried again to run Updater. Yesterday after flashing zip- fix was o.k., today error again....
Log platina
Screenshot_2019-09-02-15-44-21-038_com.miui.bugreport platina.jpg

Log santoni
Screenshot_2019-09-02-14-01-16-536_com.miui.bugreport.santoni.jpg

MiPad 4 has today new update and Updater works as in the previous version-without problem, even after several attempts.
So, it seems something is still no ok.

Last edited:
@kuzu115 interesting, especially because there is not array under the line that fails #364 (cannot reproduce on my devices), maybe some old cache, would you clean app data and retry?
I am afraid that replacing apk using TWRP causes it, it should not, but in our closed team there is no issues with Updater after installing whole rom instead of hotfix.

@kuzu115 interesting, especially because there is not array under the line that fails #364 (cannot reproduce on my devices), maybe some old cache, would you clean app data and retry?
I am afraid that replacing apk using TWRP causes it, it should not, but in our closed team there is no issues with Updater after installing whole rom instead of hotfix.
Last time ater flashing fix (today, once again) I wiped davik and cache in TWRP.
Now i wiped Updater data (Manage apps-Updater-Clear data) and rebooted phone.
First try ok, second ok...After couple minutes (while browsing) notification appears: Updater has stopped.
No idea what else shold try more..

Here is Updater apk from santoni 9.8.29 rom (used Link2SD)- if could be useful for you.

Reactions: ZduneX25
@kuzu115 ok, I found out that is Internet issue, if still happens, first enable Internet then open app, let it load for a moment then hit Check button, it might happen (in current version) if you open updater then enable Internet and hit check
will be fixed, but it does not affect basic functionality if you just wait

OTA for 9.11.7 davinci is not pushed..
OK but is OTA working?
Never received any update until now..
This morning I manually updated to 9.11.7 and I found my files and folder names encrypted in TWRP so I have to start from point 0: data erase, clean install..

You have to just update TWRP with support for latest encryption..

You have to just update TWRP with support for latest encryption..
1. So you're telling to me that erase data was not required??
UGGGGHHHH ;)
I tried some new TWRP version but the data folder names were always encrypted..then I decided to format.
2. So which version do you suggest for Mi 9T?
3. How can I avoid to find myself again in that situation? (I mean with folder and files encrypted).
Thanks for helping!