New Updater Problem All Mirrors Offline

Till 20.3.6 I updated with no problems. Now, since 20.7.2 appeared as update, all the time "all the mirros offline, try again later".

Till 20.3.6 I updated with no problems. Now, since 20.7.2 appeared as update, all the time "all the mirros offline, try again later".
Mirrors list update in next Updater app version will help to avoid this annoying problem. :)

Unfortunately not so much of a help, even tho I added new mirrors, most of them is offline to begin with..
Seems like only two are working, gonna have to work this out somehow.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Poney70
When trying to download the new update, I get the same error.
However, since the last update I'm having a permanent notification from the Updater saying "App running in Backround." Why is it running all the time?

When trying to download the new update, I get the same error.
However, since the last update I'm having a permanent notification from the Updater saying "App running in Backround." Why is it running all the time?
Because miui code update forced me to use foreground service instead of background service to be even able to notify users about new version for example.
You can always hide this notification by long press > More settings then uncheck show notification..
Background Service Limitations: While an app is idle, there are limits to its use of background services. This does not apply to foreground services, which are more noticeable to the user.

The issue of all links are offline still persists. I won't update manually until this is fixed.

Each time I update the ROM manually, I have to reinstall most of the apps and rearrange my app vault. It is such a hassle.
Don't know about your issue, dirty flashing ROM manually or using Updater is the same...

Don't know about your issue, dirty flashing ROM manually or using Updater is the same...

I am new to this. It appears I was doing it the wrong way. Thank you for your suggestion. I will try as you have mentioned.

Hey Im having the same issue. Is it possible to send me the APK also...
I got his APK and the issue is still there. So I think the apk won't solve the problem for you.. He has a problem because the severs seem offline though they're not. I already asked him if it's okay for him to show me/us the code. Sometimes some more eyes see more. However he did not answer yet. Hope he will share the code.

@lennigrabow i managed to get myself minote10 for few days, take a look:
when i tap on check button, log says this:

the first part it list of mirrors, the second mirror that actually work at the time
Code:
2020-08-02 07:47:45.233 24587-24587/pl.zdunex25.updater V/MIRROR========================: [ayera, managedway, netcologne, phoenixnap, ufpr, versaweb, iweb, astuteinternet, cfhcable, freefr, jaist, liquidtelecom, nchc, newcontinuum, razaoinfo, svwh, tenet, deac-riga, gigenet, jztkft, netactuate, pilotfiber, vorboss]
2020-08-02 07:47:48.717 24587-24587/pl.zdunex25.updater V/URL to work with==============: https://nchc.dl.sourceforge.net/project/xiaomi-eu-multilang-miui-roms/xiaomi.eu/MIUI-WEEKLY-RELEASES/20.7.30/xiaomi.eu_multi_MINote10_MICC9Pro_20.7.30_v12-10.zip

then main view shows this:

statusbar shows:

and storage on the phone:

so i am pretty confident of my code, when it does not work its either server timeout issue (which is 8sec for a mirror) or internet connection by user side, 8s is too long im my opinion anyway, but some mirrors need even more, however imagine all to be offline and last one online, having 8s makes user wait over 3 min to get the job done..

sourceforge is not as fast as it was before and i am starting to think it offers different quality based on location, like it works better in few countries then way worse in others, dunno, just guessing cause it does not make much sense to me

Last edited:
Reactions: Kacper Skrzypek
Any fix for this bug?
I have Mi 10 and have the same issue, installed the rom few days ago, and I get popups for the new update yet the servers are offline.

So the errors that we all get are just because the mirrors are so slow that they get timeout? Should work when we get another/faster mirror?

Yeah pretty much, desktop or even mobile chrome handles it better simply because provider does the work instead, quoting myself:
imagine all mirrors to be offline and last one online, having 8s (timeout) makes user wait over 3 min to get the job done
I had to use short timeout, if i would not then UI could not respond in some cases.
It is not perfect solution, but users would never wait 3-6 minutes to fetch mirror they would assume app freezes doing so.
I just hope SF will provide better quality soon.

I'm on 20.9.10 and problem exists.

Is it a way also to show the manually downloaded update package on the updater app? thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_20201026_121806.jpg
    IMG_20201026_121806.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 182