Updating Mi4s To Nougat

I know, thank you, but still no answer at which step this new TWRP should be flashed.
So there are 2 from your links: "twrp_Mi4s_7_greatslon" and "twrp_aqua_7.0.zip"
What you meant by: "changing the text adb fastboot lines."
Te lo voy a poner en español que me cuesta menos explicarme.
Hay tres enlaces diferentes de twrp válidos para Android 7, el de greatslon, el 3.0.3.0 y el aqua 7, en realidad los tres son 3.0.3.0, pero cada uno llama al archivo de una manera. Lógicamente tu al instalar por fastboot y adb, el nombre que pones en el comando tiene que ser el del twrp que instalas. El problema, que sirven los tres, pero supongo que dependerá desde la ROM que partas, a unos uno, y a otros otro.
Tienes que probar, si quieres.
Hay otra opción, te pongo un metofo que funciona pero hay que instalar primero una ROM original. Es la que hace que todos partamos desde el mismo punto

Enviado desde mi MI 4S mediante Tapatalk

Spanish is fine :)
I have all TWRP versions now, still don't know what is the correct installation order.
Should I
1. boot to my current TWRP that works with my 5.1 android (8.2 MIUI)
2. install new firmware version 7.0
3. without booting into system, install new TWRP, OR boot into fastboot and install one of the TWRPs from your list OR do something completely different.

My current rom is: xiaomi.eu_multi_MI4s_V8.2.1.0.LAJCNDL_v8-5.1
The one I want to apply is: xiaomi.eu_multi_MI4s_V8.5.2.0.NAJCNED_v8-7.0

Ok. When you install Android 7 ROM, you lose the twrp and usually also close the bootloader.
The first step, you run twrp or update method to install the ROM
Second step, connects the phone to the computer in fastboot mode, run the cmd command, and writes, fastboot oem device-info. there will put you if it is unlocked
Third, if it's closed, it's your turn to unlock. if it is open, install the new twrp by adb.
adb commands
fastboot flash recovery TWRP.img
fastboot flash boot twrp.img
fastboot reboot
-in recovery mode, advanced cleanup, wipe dalvik / cache twice, wipe data twice, and wipe cache twice.
Remember that you have to chance the text depending on file name

Second option.

Tutorial
-Download the Xiaomi.eu ROM you want to put and leave it in the phone memory.
-mete by fastboot the latest ROM china original developer
http://en.miui.com/a-234.html
-meets by adb the twrp of xiaomi.eu, but it is not worth the 3.0.2 that only is for miui 8. For Android 7 has to be the one of aqua _7. https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=673368273298935188
-adb commands
fastboot flash recovery TWRP.img
fastboot flash boot twrp.img
fastboot reboot
-in recovery mode, advanced cleanup, wipe dalvik / cache twice, wipe data twice, and wipe cache twice.
-you install it, and you select the ROM xiaomi.eu you downloaded.
Restarts

it is very important to make the wipes as indicated

I recommend the second option

just to be sure - following post 53:
1. first step: run my TWRP and install new ROM 7.0
3. restart to fastboot and check if bootloader still unlocked (last time it was still unlocked)
4. install new TWRP using ADB with 7.0 support and try to boot into it.
5. If successfully booted into new TWRP clean cache as advised.

Will try it soon. Thanks for your help

so
1st step: The first step, you run twrp or update method to install the ROM - DONE using old TWRP version
2nd step: reboot into fastboot and confirmed bootloader still unlocked
3rd: flash twrp_Mi4s_7_greatslon (tried also twrp_Mi4s_7_aqua) and reboot into TWRP
PROBLEM: doesn't boot into TWRP all I get is MI Logo, that's it

another issue, I restored previous android version (5.1) and now my bootloader is locked agian. Tried unlocking and got "current account is not bound to this device". I have to Xiaomi phones so it looks like second one somehow got disconnected. As I can't boot into system how do I unlock it now??

another issue, I restored previous android version (5.1) and now my bootloader is locked agian. Tried unlocking and got "current account is not bound to this device". I have to Xiaomi phones so it looks like second one somehow got disconnected. As I can't boot into system how do I unlock it now??
to unlock the bootloader you have started tanti account in ek phone as in miunlock. if you have more than one, unlink the other.
you better follow the tutorial of post 54

sorry what are saying ? maybe write in Spanish so I can translate in google please.
should I download "Xiaomi Mi 4S Latest China Stable Version Fastboot" and flash from fastboot?

Te recomiendo la última ROM de desarrollo con el programa miflash
A continuación desbloquear el bootloader
Luego metes por adb el twrp
Y a continuación la ROM xiaomi.eu, te recomiendo la última semanal de miui 9, va muchísimo mejor que esa estable

so should I try miflash and DEV ROM ? I logged in into MiUnlock but it tells me now that "your device isn't supported by mi unlock"
I knew it is not going be easy but this is a mess

it doesn't allow me to flshs using miFlash tool, getting FAILED: remote: critical partition flashing is not allowed

Yo personalmente te recomiendo la última ROM miui 9, es muchísimo mejor que esa estable.
Para desbloquear el bootloader tienes que habilitar opciones de desarrollador y depuración usb

maybe I can flash Mi4c ROM and this should allow me to access system again, it will it brick phone

To unlock the bootloader you have to enable developer options and usb debugging

***how to do this without system access ???

I can only access fastboot now

second options sounds good. I tried getting a file it is asking for decription key, do you have it.
This file should be installed using MiFlash right?

looks like finally I am getting somewhere (thanks again for all your support). It flashed ok and now it is starting at least I am getting Android logo now I will give it time