Updating Preloaded Eu Rom 6.8.9 On Redmi Pro

fuzzytv

Members
Nov 13, 2016
Hi,

I just received my redmi pro and it came pre-installed with the EU ROM 8.1 v6.9.8

Can I assume that the bootloader is already unlocked and I can just download the latest 6.11 ROM to the phone and manually update it?

Looking for some advice before I proceed as I don't want to brick the the phone by updating it.

Btw, when I goto updater to select package, it mentions that 'File Explorer' is not available and needs to be installed.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Any advice on the above? How and if I can update the rom to the latest release of the EU ROM?

Thanks.

Do you have the TWRP recovery installed?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Redmi Pro met Tapatalk

So without unlocking the bootloader, how did they manage to upload the EU ROM? Also, if that is the case, how can I update it to the newer version of the EU rom if I don't want to mess around with the bootloader? Can that be done without the risk of bricking the phone? Thanks

So without unlocking the bootloader, how did they manage to upload the EU ROM? Also, if that is the case, how can I update it to the newer version of the EU rom if I don't want to mess around with the bootloader? Can that be done without the risk of bricking the phone? Thanks
They manage to make it with that rom version.
You can use Miflash tool to flash Chinese ROM Stable if you want - it doesn't touch the bootloader.

They manage to make it with that rom version.
You can use Miflash tool to flash Chinese ROM Stable if you want - it doesn't touch the bootloader.

Are you saying that I can flash it back to stock rom then I can unlock it from there?

Are you saying that I can flash it back to stock rom then I can unlock it from there?
OK, let me clarify/
1. Miflash to revert Miui CN stable
2. Unlock bootloader (No need to update to Developer version before unlocking)
3. Push TWRP into your device
4. Flash whatever custom ROMS for Omega (Redmi Pro) that you want to play around with it.
Cheers.

Reactions: Dan0r
OK, let me clarify/
1. Miflash to revert Miui CN stable
2. Unlock bootloader (No need to update to Developer version before unlocking)
3. Push TWRP into your device
4. Flash whatever custom ROMS for Omega (Redmi Pro) that you want to play around with it.
Cheers.
Thanks for the clarification. What would be easiest way to ascertain whether the device is already unlocked as well? Xiaomi has approved the download for the miflash tool and before I proceed to do anything with the device rom, wanted to make sure I don't brick the phone inadvertently by using the miflash tool on an already unlocked phone.

Sent from my Redmi Pro using Tapatalk