Updating to custom ROM from stock ROM (Mi 10 T / Pro)

After many hours of frustration and bootloops I found the solution for installing custom ROMs for the first time on my Mi 10 T Pro. It always involves losing your data. I am in doubt that there's a good process at the moment that'll allow you to keep your data when moving away from the stock ROM. The process goes like this:

1. Put the phone into fastboot mode. Do not install any TWRP but simply boot into it with i.e.

Following a different guide, I installed TWRP and now my phone is bootlooping. How did you get out of that? Did you flash a stock recovery? If yes, which one? Thank you!

Following a different guide, I installed TWRP and now my phone is bootlooping. How did you get out of that? Did you flash a stock recovery? If yes, which one? Thank you!
You could try flashing the stock recovery that comes in the fastboot official global ROM, if that doesn't work, then you might want to do a full clean fastboot flash of the official global ROM (without relocking the bootloader of course) and try again

After many painful hours I managed to restore the stock ROM by flashing the global fastboot ROM via Mi Flash. This also restored the stock recovery which I deleted, so my phone was in an original state. After this I did the same thing, except by following this guide and I did not flash twrp, only booted into it. After this it was quite easy to flash the xiaomi.eu rom, and after a long boot the system started fine.

So if anyone is reading this in the future, this guide contains the correct steps to flash this ROM. If you mess it up, and want to re-flash the stock ROM, make sure that you copy the fastboot ROM in a location with a simple path (not too long, and no spaces in it), as this will fail the flash with non-suggestive errors that you will debug for hours :)