Updating Xiaomi.eu Rom - Error In Twrp: Zip File Corrupt

trevorc

Members
Jul 16, 2016
Hello all, I hope you can help me.

I'm trying to update to the latest weekly of xiaomi.eu on my Mi5. I'm currently on 7.2.24. My TWRP is 3.1.0-1.

My problem starts after I download the latest zip file for the ROM. When I go to the Updater app and select the file, it prompts me to "reboot to update" -- ok, fine. That's never happened before, but no problem.

So I reboot the phone, it automatically goes into TWRP. I go to Install, navigate to the zip file, select it, and get the error: "zip file is corrupt!". It also notes the file has no MD5.

This happened to me the first time maybe 2-3 weeks ago. I figured maybe my download had been corrupt. Now, though, I have tried several times, and even with several different versions of the weekly rom. No difference! I've wiped dalvik, cache, and even data... nothing changes.

Any advice?

I had the same issue with the latest weekly.
I went back to the earlier version of twrp, and It worked :-/

Thanks for the response. If you have a free moment could you tell me what version of twrp you used? I just tried downgrading (to 3.0.2-3) but I ran into the same problem.

I suppose meanwhile I'll keep trying the earlier versions, hoping for some good luck! It's quite an annoying problem. :(

Finally got it to work!

For anyone who finds this post having the same problem, I wish I had a clear solution, but I don't.

In the end, the update did work using twrp 3.0.2-3. The first 2 or 3 tries with that version didn't work, so I'm not sure why it did in the end.

The last thing I did before success was deleting the zip file from my phone, and transferring it (again) from where I had downloaded it onto my computer. I had renamed the downloaded file to update.zip (from when I had tried to install via fastboot); I'm not sure if that made a difference or not.

Will try this on mine as It Is a backup phone :)

Hopefully It might just be "download from PC, rename, and then flash on phone"

Maybe! I'll do a little more trial and error experimentation when the next weekly comes out to see if I can find any more information.

I found the problem In my case.

When I download It using the phone It corrupt the file, because It doesn't download the last 2kb (in my case) which causes the corrupt file.
My Laptop downloads the entire thing without problems.

I don't know If It is a problem with the phone, or just some glitching LTE network here in Denmark.

Hello.. i dont know why, but i cant even transfer the zip file into my phone directions. I downloaded the zip file on my phone itself and TWRP is saying the "zip file is corrupt"

is there any information about this?

My Phone is: Mi Note 10