Upgrade From Android 5.1.1 Stable To Android 7.0 Stable

sica1

Members
Sep 14, 2016
Hi,
I want to uprade from android 5.1.1 v.8.1.4.0 stable to android 7.0 latest stable.
I have xiaomi mi note pro .
For me fit this thread:How To Install 8.5 To Stable 8.2 Mi Note Pro(leo)?

Thanks !!!

How to upgrade to Andoid 7.0:
Install latest stable 5.1.1 before updating to Android 7.0.
Select zip in Updater - menu - select zip
Unlock your bootloader again on MiNotePRO
(check your bootloader status by command "fastboot oem device-info")
Install TWRP for 7.0 via fastboot "fastboot flash recovery twrp.img" "fastboot boot twrp.img"
In case of issues, wipe /data in TWRP

Reactions: sica1
Hi !
I Installed latest stable 5.1.1 before updating to Android 7.0.
I put new latest stable zip Xiaomi mi note pro 9.1.2.0 in updater,select zip, phone start to flash in recovery mode, some errors during flash and after that phone do not boot, keep flash on mi.com (logo) I think initially and after that do not boot.
What can I do?

Last edited:
Unlock your bootloader.. It's locked after 7.0 upgrade.. Same as was for weeklies..

Thank you Ingbrzy I will try.
After that I have to install twrp for 7.0 leo cause I have Mi note Pro version and finally install rom I want?
I want this one: xiaomi.eu_multi_MINotePro_V9.1.2.0.NXHCNEI_v9-7.0.zip Stable Version.

I try update Mi note pro to stable version Miui 9.1 from last stable versión of miui 8. I install this with tprw and now the phone is block in boot with MI logo.

I try reflash this version with mi flash in fast boot mode but the bar is complete and the elapse time is over 1400seconds and dont finish!

Last edited:
Solved. I send the request to unlock the bootloader of my device (this locked again when i update to miui9). when i received the autorizathion y unlock my phone and reboot and now i have miui 9 in my phone.

this is the only thing you do ? so let me understand. you upgraded to miui v9 , got the phone stuck on mi logo after boot, use the mi unlock tool at fastboot mode , unlock bootloader , and after that reboot and phone got back to life with miui v9 ?

Solved. I send the request to unlock the bootloader of my device (this locked again when i update to miui9). when i received the autorizathion y unlock my phone and reboot and now i have miui 9 in my phone.
thank you very much, works like a charm. @sica1 , you should try this to. only unlock bootloader again using mi unlock tool and thats it, phone will reboot to miui v9.

I tried flash with mi flash but give me this error:remote:critical partition flashing is not allowed.
What can I do?

I tried flash with mi flash but give me this error:remote:critical partition flashing is not allowed.
What can I do?
Unlock bootloader with mi unlock and the device must start. I try flash with fastboot whit my bootloader locked and the program throw me the same error. Unlock the bootloader here http://en.miui.com/unlock/

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
target reported max download size of 536870912 bytes
sending 'recovery' (29144 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.790s]
writing 'recovery'...
FAILED (remote: Partition flashing is not allowed)
finished. total time: 0.809s

Thanks but unfortunatly for me phone does not recognize charger after a while so I have to send to service to repair.