Upgrade From Miui 11 to 12.eu, need advice

†SkamiKase†

Members
Jul 3, 2020
Hi friends,
Some weeks ago I passed from Global stable Miui 11 to Miui 11.eu stable, nice changes unless some battery consumption.
Now I noticed that MIUI 12.eu beta for ginkgo was released and I would like to test it.
My doubt I how do I install this new version, taking into account that I'm stable and will pass to beta; it's through OTA? do I need to flash through recovery? what do I need to format?

Thank you since now.

Hello,

It's strongly recommended to "Format Data" (clean flash) when changing of "branch" (Stable <-> Weekly). ;)

"It's through OTA?" : You have the possibility to manually download the ROM on your phone and use Updater app to install it via 3-dots menu > Chose update package.

"Need to flash through recovery?" : A custom recovery (like TWRP) is always needed to be able to install any xiaomi.eu ROM (except when device is new and when it doesn't have any working custom recovery yet ; "fastboot" method to install xiaomi.eu ROM is released in this case).

:)

Last edited:
Reactions: †SkamiKase†
Well i already did something, i tried by OTA but it failed, it sent me to TWRP, then I format data, storage and cache and install ROM, it got stuck, then I did the same and install ROM with disable Force Encrypt, and now its like booting, I hope everything went ok xd

Attachments

• IMG_20200703_193316.jpg
    IMG_20200703_193316.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 174
Hello,

It's strongly recommended to "Format Data" (clean flash) when changing of "branch" (Stable <-> Weekly). ;)

"It's through OTA?" : You have the possibility to manually download the ROM on your phone and use Updater app to install it via 3-dots menu > Chose update package.

"Need to flash through recovery?" : A custom recovery (like TWRP) is always needed to be able to install any xiaomi.eu ROM (except when device is new and when it doesn't have any working custom recovery yet ; "fastboot" method to install xiaomi.eu ROM is released in this case).

:)

minutes have passed and still in boot, im worried :u