USB Port Write Speed (Ultra) - 2.0?

NiteC0re

Members
May 1, 2021
I almost ordered the phone, but I read, that the USB Port use only USB 2.0 standard? Srsly? Is that true? Whats the point of UFS 3 memory when the USB port only use 2.0? Did someone copied, for example a WhatsApp folder, from the old phone to the Ultra? What was the write speed when u have ten thousands of small files? It took many minutes to copy such many files from a USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 PC Port to the OP7 Pro with a USB 3.1 interface.

What about Display-out? I think thats not possible with the crappy USB 2.0?

That is correct, usb 2.0 only and no display support.. But I get 25 MB / sec to my NAS over WiFi, so No USB needed..

Sent from my Mi 11 Ultra.

I moved all my whatsapp messages (300k) and 15GB of Files from Computer (Source was my iphone) to the Mi11U and it took around one hour... Really bummer that they messed this up. On the other hand, I never use USB except of the initial installation.

I moved all my whatsapp messages (300k) and 15GB of Files from Computer (Source was my iphone) to the Mi11U and it took around one hour... Really bummer that they messed this up. On the other hand, I never use USB except of the initial installation.
Any tips to transfer data then other then usb 2.0?
I also transfer alot when switching roms

Any tips to transfer data then other then usb 2.0?

I personally use Total Commander with its Wifi-Transfer expansion module after having established a "Wifi direct" network between the two devices in question.

This way I get pretty good data transfer speeds and all file dates are preserved. Only caveat is that you need to remove Total Commander AND the WIfi-Transfer module from battery optimization :)

I actually use mostly the cloud. The migration from Android to iPhone and back Android was one of the rare cases I use a cable. Photos and Videos live in Google Photos. Whatsapp backup too. Other than that I don't have huge amounts of data I need to transfer.

I personally use Total Commander with its Wifi-Transfer expansion module after having established a "Wifi direct" network between the two devices in question.

This way I get pretty good data transfer speeds and all file dates are preserved. Only caveat is that you need to remove Total Commander AND the WIfi-Transfer module from battery optimization :)
ok, i can choose, share using wifi, but how to put it back from latop to phone?

ok, i can choose, share using wifi, but how to put it back from latop to phone?

Just to clarify: I use that to transfer between both Android devices, no laptop in between ! While you can use the same to transfer from Android to PC (or vice versa) this is not what I do when setting up a new device

Just to clarify: I use that to transfer between both Android devices, no laptop in between ! While you can use the same to transfer from Android to PC (or vice versa) this is not what I do when setting up a new device
ok, i want to try something to move data when i have to format data if switching rom on phone

Reactions: s3axel
ok, i want to try something to move data when i have to format data if switching rom on phone
Ah, ok - sorry, I misunderstood :) Well, then you could go with a Laptop in between as well (on the PC with Total Commander and the WebDAV-Extension). Functionality is then the same....

Reactions: marcel112