using adb with Miui??

LennyBreaks

Members
Nov 27, 2010
Can someone please point me in the right direction. I have been looking everywhere and can't seem to figure this out. I am trying to change out my boot animation and keep hearing about using adb. I don't know where to get this or how to go about setting up a shell with my computer. I am pretty good at this kind of thing so if someone could help me figure out what I need to do to issue a push command to switch my boot animation it would be greatly appreciated.

Do I need to download an app? Do I use the terminal emulator in Miui? how can I access the system folders of my phone?

Thanks in advance

Theres a wiki on xda for android sdk which is adb. Some prefer root explorer and just change permissions, either way would work.

Theres a wiki on xda for android sdk which is adb. Some prefer root explorer and just change permissions, either way would work.

So what you're saying is that I need to get android ask, or root explorer? This will allow me to give the push command to change my boot animation? Where do I get android SDK? I wouldn't be asking if I hadn't already tried multiple searches on xda. I fond some stuff there but not a full explanation

basically i am seeing an overabundance of information that i'm not sure about android sdk. is this something i install on my computer or the phone. and I am coming up with many different versions of sdk too. which one is the one I would need? is using root explorer my best option?

basically i am seeing an overabundance of information that i'm not sure about android sdk. is this something i install on my computer or the phone. and I am coming up with many different versions of sdk too. which one is the one I would need? is using root explorer my best option?

Yes root explorer will be alot easier for you to understand. All you have to do is copy the file to the right directory (/data/local) I think, then change the permission of the file

Yes root explorer will be alot easier for you to understand. All you have to do is copy the file to the right directory (/data/local) I think, then change the permission of the file

Well since I last posted I downloaded the newest version of android sdk, and a set of Java drivers named JAK in order to complete the install. Now I just need to figure out how to get it to recognize the phone. Is anyone familiar with this part? As I said I am very good at learning this kind of thing, I just wanted to check with those that may have done it before. If this fails I will use root explorer. I appreciate the help and any further assistance would be greatly appreciated

Well since I last posted I downloaded the newest version of android sdk, and a set of Java drivers named JAK in order to complete the install. Now I just need to figure out how to get it to recognize the phone. Is anyone familiar with this part? As I said I am very good at learning this kind of thing, I just wanted to check with those that may have done it before. If this fails I will use root explorer. I appreciate the help and any further assistance would be greatly appreciated

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=690362

Follow that guide