using adb with Miui??

Discussion in 'Question & Answers' started by LennyBreaks, Dec 15, 2010.

1. LennyBreaks

Nov 27, 2010
    Graphic Production & Design
    Jersey
    Can someone please point me in the right direction. I have been looking everywhere and can't seem to figure this out. I am trying to change out my boot animation and keep hearing about using adb. I don't know where to get this or how to go about setting up a shell with my computer. I am pretty good at this kind of thing so if someone could help me figure out what I need to do to issue a push command to switch my boot animation it would be greatly appreciated.

Do I need to download an app? Do I use the terminal emulator in Miui? how can I access the system folders of my phone?

Thanks in advance

2. Khanh1289

Khanh1289Members

Nov 7, 2010
    Theres a wiki on xda for android sdk which is adb. Some prefer root explorer and just change permissions, either way would work.

3. LennyBreaks

Nov 27, 2010
    Jersey
    So what you're saying is that I need to get android ask, or root explorer? This will allow me to give the push command to change my boot animation? Where do I get android SDK? I wouldn't be asking if I hadn't already tried multiple searches on xda. I fond some stuff there but not a full explanation

4. LennyBreaks

Nov 27, 2010
    Jersey
    basically i am seeing an overabundance of information that i'm not sure about android sdk. is this something i install on my computer or the phone. and I am coming up with many different versions of sdk too. which one is the one I would need? is using root explorer my best option?

5. Khanh1289

Khanh1289Members

Nov 7, 2010
    Yes root explorer will be alot easier for you to understand. All you have to do is copy the file to the right directory (/data/local) I think, then change the permission of the file

6. LennyBreaks

Nov 27, 2010
    Jersey
    Well since I last posted I downloaded the newest version of android sdk, and a set of Java drivers named JAK in order to complete the install. Now I just need to figure out how to get it to recognize the phone. Is anyone familiar with this part? As I said I am very good at learning this kind of thing, I just wanted to check with those that may have done it before. If this fails I will use root explorer. I appreciate the help and any further assistance would be greatly appreciated

7. Khanh1289

Khanh1289Members

Nov 7, 2010
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=690362

Follow that guide

8. LennyBreaks

Nov 27, 2010
    Jersey
  9. LennyBreaks

Nov 27, 2010
    Jersey
    Just as quick update! I came very close but was lacking the ability to get my computer to recognize the phone. I follwed the directions to a T.
    Anyway I used root explorer and was able to switch bootscreens easily. Thanks for the help and one day I'll come back to trying to get the adb to work