In Progress V4 v. 2.3.23 - Data usage warning - SGS II

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Siggaard, Mar 28, 2012.

1. Siggaard

SiggaardMembers

Mar 25, 2012
    Male
    Brønshøj
    First of all I don't know how to disable the data usage warning, even with the previous version. The handles was disabled...

This version the data usage warning is always in the notification bar, and when I press it the app force closes.

Here is the bug report.

app_vercode:15
    device_model:GT-I9100
    build_version:2.3.23
    condition:1
    processName:com.android.settings
    pid:25959
    uid:1000
    tag:null
    shortMsg:java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException
    longMsg:java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: setSpan (-1 ... 1) ends beyond length 0
    stackTrace:java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity ComponentInfo{com.android.settings/com.android.settings.Settings$DataUsageSummaryActivity}: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: setSpan (-1 ... 1) ends beyond length 0
    at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:1968)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:1993)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.access$600(ActivityThread.java:127)
    at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1159)
    at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
    at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:137)

2. Siggaard

SiggaardMembers

Mar 25, 2012
    Male
    Brønshøj
    Continued
    at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:4507)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:511)
    at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:790)
    at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:557)
    at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
    Caused by: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: setSpan (-1 ... 1) ends beyond length 0
    at android.text.SpannableStringBuilder.checkRange(SpannableStringBuilder.java:945)
    at android.text.SpannableStringBuilder.setSpan(SpannableStringBuilder.java:527)
    at android.text.SpannableStringBuilder.setSpan(SpannableStringBuilder.java:520)
    at com.android.settings.widget.ChartDataUsageView.findOrCreateSpan(ChartDataUsageView.java:655)
    at com.android.settings.widget.ChartDataUsageView.access$800(ChartDataUsageView.java:43)
    at com.android.settings.widget.ChartDataUsageView$DataAxis.buildLabel(ChartDataUsageView.java:604)
    at com.android.settings.widget.InvertedChartAxis.buildLabel(InvertedChartAxis.java:56)
    at com.android.settings.widget.ChartSweepView.invalidateLabel(ChartSweepView.java:280)
    at com.android.settings.widget.ChartSweepView.setValue(ChartSweepView.java:353)
    at com.android.settings.widget.ChartDataUsageView.bindNetworkPolicy(ChartDataUsageView.java:185)
    at com.android.settings.DataUsageSummary.onCreateView(DataUsageSummary.java:352)
    at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl.moveToState(FragmentManager.java:828)
    at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl.moveToState(FragmentManager.java:1032)
    at android.app.BackStackRecord.run(BackStackRecord.java:622)
    at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl.execPendingActions(FragmentManager.java:1382)
    at android.app.Activity.performStart(Activity.java:4474)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:1941)
    ... 11 more

3. MarkHUK

MarkHUKFounder & Sys Op
    Staff Member

Will be as simple as using the previous weeks Settings.apk for now, or try taking the Settings.apk from the Nexus S build and pushing to device with adb or similar means.

4. MarkHUK

MarkHUKFounder & Sys Op
    Staff Member

The issue is to do with a mistake in the XML translation, there is two strings missing content to render the graph content.

5. ZeD

ZeDMembers

Nov 18, 2010
    The problem remains with the 'setting.apk' från the 'Nexus S' build. I don't have the .23 build so I can't try with that one.

6. MarkHUK

MarkHUKFounder & Sys Op
    Staff Member

the .23 builds are still on the mirror file server.

7. ZeD

ZeDMembers

Nov 18, 2010
    Yeah I got it from rom manager. Thx.

Share Our Site