Very Less Ram available.

Apoorv

Members
Jul 28, 2014
Even if there no app is running in background there is still around 578 MB ram available to me of 2 GB. But when one I switched off my phone for about an hour it was like 1200 MB available. And again after 2-3 hours again 600 MB available. What should be done ?

I always have around 300 MB of free ram. But that doesn't worry me, as the phone never lags or anything.

Last edited:
But how!?? Who is sucking my RAM? Is this the MIUI? Is this going to fix?
Do experience any lags? Slowdowns?
Suppose you have 1gb of free ram in MI3. What do you want to put into that free ram? Can you answer for that question?

MIUI is a RAM predator. You won't find any noticeable lag in any Xiaomi phone, but multitasking is horrible for being a 2GB smartphone.
I'm right now using n HTC One with Sense ROM and it works much better in terms of RAM management / usage. I can answer a call without worrying that the current app I was using will be closed and data lost.

MIUI is a RAM predator. You won't find any noticeable lag in any Xiaomi phone, but multitasking is horrible for being a 2GB smartphone.
I'm right now using n HTC One with Sense ROM and it works much better in terms of RAM management / usage. I can answer a call without worrying that the current app I was using will be closed and data lost.

So that's the reason everytime I exit Tapatalk and search smth online or talk on the phone, when I re-enter it, it didn't remember what thread I was reading. And everytime I unlock the screen, browser would re-initiate, even though I did not close it.

Lol its not MIUI fault. Just update Tapatalk to latest because (as you should read) Tapatalk author fixed his app to stay in memory of last seen threads. Just check it on Google play.

Xiaomi uses a modified maximum overdrive. Which means it allows more hidden apps in RAM then AOSP ROM's.
Can be fixed if you hack Services.jar

Edit:
To add some proof. I'm using a modified MIUI ROM that allows 50 hidden apps.
Only 1gb free.
ny2enaje.jpg

Decrease the allowed amount of hidden apps results in less memory usage.

Xiaomi uses a modified maximum overdrive. Which means it allows more hidden apps in RAM then AOSP ROM's.
Can be fixed if you hack Services.jar

Edit:
To add some proof. I'm using a modified MIUI ROM that allows 50 hidden apps.
Only 1gb free.
ny2enaje.jpg

Decrease the allowed amount of hidden apps results in less memory usage.

Give me a Rom this? tks Friends :D