New Video Lagging And Freezing In Apps Like Snapchat And Twitter

Luigi91

Members
Jan 26, 2017
Hi,
I switched from the Global ROM to the Xiaomi.eu and I'm very happy so far. However, I have problems when watching videos from Snapchat, Twitter or similar apps.
The problem is this:
The video starts normally, after two or three seconds the video frame freezes but audio goes on. After one second or so the video starts again from where it left, so now audio and video are out of sync. When the video is ending the audio track stops playing first, of course, then the video stops as well. I hope I'm being clear.
I tried disabling NuPlayer but I don't have such an option in developer settings. Also, I disabled Google Now On Tap, Ok Google, and all those services which may interfere (as suggested online) but it didn't change anything.
The thing is that on the Global ROM this wasn't happening, and I have the same apps installed.
I have a Xiaomi Mi5S on MIUI 8.2 by xiaomi.eu 7.1.20 weekly.
Thank you for your support.

Edit: I wanted to add that this happens to every single video at the same moment, so it's not like a stutter because CPU or RAM is stressed. I tried closing every other app.

Second edit: So far the problem is solved. What I've done is rebooting + wiping cache. If you want to delete the post it's ok, but it might be useful for other people.

Last edited:
Reactions: jauhari