New VoWifi on Xiaomi mi10 ultra ROM xiaomi.eu

alfa666

Members
Nov 1, 2020
I installed stable 12.0.13 but I'm not getting VoWifi despite ran codes *#*#869434#*#* and set on VoWiFi in carrier configuration.
Same SIM it's giving VoWifi without any issue in other cell phones. Maybe it's a modem config matter ?

I installed stable 12.0.13 but I'm not getting VoWifi despite ran codes *#*#869434#*#* and set on VoWiFi in carrier configuration.
Same SIM it's giving VoWifi without any issue in other cell phones. Maybe it's a modem config matter ?
I have the same problem. The option for VoWiFi is switched on but it doesn't work at all on my both SIM cards. They work fine in other smartphones using VoWiFi.

Sent from my Mi Ultra via Tapatalk

i know its due to android 11. i have the same on mi10 pro since it moved to android 11

i know its due to android 11. i have the same on mi10 pro since it moved to android 11
Not in this case. There is no Android 11 for Mi Ultra yet. We are still on Android 10 and I think this is a problem with the EU ROM for this version of phone...

Not in this case. There is no Android 11 for Mi Ultra yet. We are still on Android 10 and I think this is a problem with the EU ROM for this version of phone...

Here in the Netherlands with T-Mobile NL. The VoWiFi can be enabled with the service code. Did you set the preference for WiFi calling?
e47dd83fa08186fdfcd9ffb19935f536.jpg

Sent from my Mi 10 Ultra using Tapatalk

No 5G available in my area, but If I put SIM in another cell phone, I give VoWifi.

As you can see, option is on but no VoWifi

a20ca158252f3b914b62d8728a210484.jpg

Enviado desde mi M2007J1SC mediante Tapatalk

No 5G available in my area, but If I put SIM in another cell phone, I give VoWifi.

As you can see, option is on but no VoWifi

a20ca158252f3b914b62d8728a210484.jpg

Enviado desde mi M2007J1SC mediante Tapatalk
Then it is really weird. Have you tried the original Chinese ROM? Does it work?

I remember my VoWiFi was automatically turned off when I connected to a 2.4G WiFi. Will it be an issue? I'm normally connected to a 5G WiFi6.

I am on latest weekly rom (20.10.15) and option for VoWiFi is switched on but it doesn't work on either on 2.4GHz WiFi nor 5GHz WiFi. Something's wrong in this rom on Mi Ultra.

I am on latest weekly rom (20.10.15) and option for VoWiFi is switched on but it doesn't work on either on 2.4GHz WiFi nor 5GHz WiFi. Something's wrong in this rom on Mi Ultra.

I'm on the Stable 12.0.13. Maybe it is due to the version difference?

I'm on the Stable 12.0.13. Maybe it is due to the version difference?

No, because Alfa666 is also on stable rom and as you see it is not working on his Ultra too... :(

this is some serious bug, hopefully the devs will be able to fix it and make it another feature of the xiaomi.eu rom

Reactions: Zencooler
Thank you for this trick&tips. Unfortunately it doesn't work for me. I mean even if I am connected to 5GHz WiFi turning on/off Wifi Hotspot doesn't change the issue (still VoWiFi doesn't work) :(

To be honest, I don't expect VoWiFi will work quite well on Xiaomi's Chinese models. As far as I know, VoWiFi is supported by none of the three Chinese mobile carriers, i.e. China Mobile, China Unicom and China Telecom. The 4G coverage is quite enough so they don't need to put extra effort for VoWiFi.
Based on my guessing, Xiaomi's VoWiFi policy is more conservative to ensure the QoS. The policy should be encoded in the carrier configuration file which EU mod won't touch or modify. If the original Chinese ROM doesn't support the VoWiFi for specific carriers, there's a high chance that EU ROM won't.

To be honest, I don't expect VoWiFi will work quite well on Xiaomi's Chinese models. As far as I know, VoWiFi is supported by none of the three Chinese mobile carriers, i.e. China Mobile, China Unicom and China Telecom. The 4G coverage is quite enough so they don't need to put extra effort for VoWiFi.
Based on my guessing, Xiaomi's VoWiFi policy is more conservative to ensure the QoS. The policy should be encoded in the carrier configuration file which EU mod won't touch or modify. If the original Chinese ROM doesn't support the VoWiFi for specific carriers, there's a high chance that EU ROM won't.

But I saw in xiaomi.eu chat few Mi10 ultra pics showing working with VoWiFi

Very quiet ove here, hope somebody smarter than me could find solution to have VoWifi working

Hi community, I still have no access to VoWifi and surprised anybody has reaction about this issue.
All the best for all of you

What network provider do you have? Have you asked if it is enabled on your account? Mine works fine, you can see the VoWiFI status and on the other pic, you can see a call by VoWiFI circled. Mi10 Ultra EU Weekly ROM.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-01-08-10-18-51-281_com.brave.browser.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-01-08-10-18-51-281_com.brave.browser.jpg
    361.6 KB · Views: 311
  • IMG_20210108_101939.jpg
    IMG_20210108_101939.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 465